Help pleasee with diagnosis

ilvpippa

Visit site
Hi guys;

Il start with the history!
Couple of days ago by girl (tb 16hh around 490kg) was a little unlevel on a circle & stuff coming out her stable but trotting up sound etc & then had a few trips in the field when bringing in. There was no heat; swelling etc.

So gave her a few days off and all fine; brought in yesterday & one of her front hoof/pastern/fetlock area was raging hot but no lameness with it; and only a slight digital pulse. Other one was cold in comparison. I'm thinking it could be a touch of lami but she has no history of this & has seen on the same paddock for 3 years now. Her foot was stone cold this morning; and She's been in a good doer pen for a few hours today & I'm going to bring her in soon

Could of been an abscess but it wouldn't of cooled down over night. Vet is coming to look at her tomorrow as I've never had to deal with this sort of thing given the type she is!

Thanks guys!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I only ask because I was wondering re. lami too (and poss cushings etc if management the same as in past), where had she been when foot was cold again? good doer pen?

ilvpippa

Visit site
She still comes in over night, so she'd been off grass since 6pm yesterday. She can be clumsy but if she's knocked it hard enough to be that hot they'd be swelling & lameness. It was that hurt when she did her check ligament last year!
Want to do the right thing; always a Sunday when you need to speak to a vet!

flojo

Visit site
If you do suspect laminitis then it should be classed as an emergency and she should see a vet, Sunday or not.

It could be an abcess that has found an exit..maybe along the coronet band?

philamena

Visit site
TBF to the OP I don't think she was suggesting she wouldn't call the vet, just that it's a bummer how it always seems to happen out of hours.

ilvpippa

Visit site
Thanks guys; after being in a pen all day she's come In with no pulse & heat so YAY! I hope whatever it is has been caught early. Vet is still coming tomorrow, but I think he will say much the same as what I've been doing. We've split our field in half so both horses are now on half the field so hopefully that should be fine !
So relieved though; hopefully get riding again around weds all neon well from vet etc