Help! Possibly moving to Oundle! (also in NL)

Malibu_Stacy

Visit site
.... Admittedly not until Xmas, but come the new year I'll probably be predominantly working in Oundle, with odd days commuting back to Cambridge (where I currently am). Realistically I'm not going to be able to cope with horse on DIY and an hour commute either end of the day so, could anyone in the area advise on:

(1) any livery yards (see below for further details of what I'd be looking for) in the area. Recommendations? Places to avoid? (pm if you want) Looking on google there don't seem to be many 'big' (i.e. with website!) yards close by but tbh I'd probably be happier at somewhere lower key, leading onto...
(2) any tack shops in the area I can do some scouting trips to look for livery adverts? Or any riding clubs?
(3) any recommendations for farriers/ vets etc? (think its too far for both my current vet and farrier unfortunately).

Livery wise I'd be looking for DIY with some assistance (either formal paid or sharing chores with others on yard). Priorities are: Turnout (all year, 24/7 in summer, with company); Good hacking; School with lights; sane YO (last one may be the killer!)

Much wine in thanks :)

LBertie Wooster

Visit site
I live 20mins away from Oundle, go to school there, and know of several livery yards I can PM you about if you like as I don't want to be naming any on here.

Tack shops, Chandlers at Barnack which would probably be about 30mins away for you. They have a website which I can also pm if you like. Riding Clubs there is Wittering Academy just down the road from me which I highly recommend and others do too.
Farriers and vets I'd rather dm you about aswell as I don't want to be saying to much on here like yards too.

Let me know if you want pming :)

Malibu_Stacy

Visit site
I live 20mins away from Oundle, go to school there, and know of several livery yards I can PM you about if you like as I don't want to be naming any on here.

Tack shops, Chandlers at Barnack which would probably be about 30mins away for you. They have a website which I can also pm if you like. Riding Clubs there is Wittering Academy just down the road from me which I highly recommend and others do too.
Farriers and vets I'd rather dm you about aswell as I don't want to be saying to much on here like yards too.

Let me know if you want pming :)
Yes please to PMs - thank you in advance for info! :)