Help puppy hurt her leg!!!!!

Quartz

Visit site
My 6 month old poodle was running around the garden when she ran into the fence around the vegetable garden. She made a very high pitched scream when it happened and held her foot up in the air. This was a few hours ago, and she doesn;t seem herself. She is just laying in her basket, when usually she is running around!!! She does not show any signs of pain if I touch or squeeze her leg or foot, but she does not want to walk. I am worried about her, but do not think she has broken it, could it just be bruised and what should I do?

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Vet? Might be being a drama queen but best to be on the safe side. She might have tweaked something further up like her back or shoulder so touching her foot would not reveal anything.

Quartz

Visit site
She is staying calm as she is just sleeping. We have just got back from holiday and had just got her out of the car from picking her up from dogsitters when it happened. Will make her an appointment and get her to the vet.

Quartz

Visit site
Yes, took her to the vets first thing this morning. She has been checked over and given anti inflammatory tablets and an injection. The vet seems to think it is just bruised, no fractures or breaks luckily. She is still feeling very sorry for herself though, which I am still finding unsettling. She is usually the most greedy dog ever, but is not interested in her food. She could just be playing me as she is happy to lie in her bed being fed chicken slices though!!!! At the moment she is cuddled up next to me on the sofa. Hopefully will see an improvement tomorrow.