Help! Puppy is growling at other dogs

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
If you have a Dogs Trust Dog School anywhere nearby their puppy classes have a great format, each puppy stays in its own booth with a settle mat provided and each week the barriers between booths are moved back a little as you progress. No head to head greetings or group work.

Having been to DT 'events' with our dogs, I would be very wary even of their puppy classes. We have decided not to take our Rottweiler to any more, she found the Summer Fair too stressful. As she had been before to see 'Santa Paws' and appeared to enjoy the experience, we went again but again, it was too busy and disorganised for her (and our) taste. She went to the nearby Little Chef and had cheesy chips instead.

ETA, just seen the pics - he is gorgeous!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I imagine it varies by region/area. One of the local vets is also a trainer at our local one.

I expect so. We were very disappointed, we had taken both Rotters to have their photos taken with Santa Paws, all very well organised, able to sit with the dogs and have a cuppa and mince-pie indoors, bought a few fund-raising things, very pleasant afternoon.
The Summer Fair with the extremely loud disco placed just as we had to all filter through from the field to the 'cafe', put us off completely. I think Leeds DT got more hung up on fund-raising than being dog friendly, tbh.
Needless to say there is no in-person fund-raising happening currently.