Help putting a 15 min presentation on dressage together

WelshTilly

Visit site
As above I have a job interview and I need to do a presentation for 15m on something I'm passionate about....so Dressage is the chosen subject!!

The only problem it's to a group of men!!

I need some funny pictures to break it up and also a powerful vid about a minute long at the beginning to set the scene any ideas??

I was thinking something like this for dressage??

Help I'm losing the will to live as got to catch train tomorrow and I'm currently choffing codeine as 5 weeks post op so need to get this done today!!

Mistletoeandawine

Visit site
Hi

Just thinking about this, could you maybe get a vid of Charlotte at the Olympics with the patriotic music and over lay with a montage of the press headlines, comments about Dancing Horses etc as the opener?

Hope this helps

somethingillremember

Visit site
There's a funny vid on You Tube if you put in "Bought the Wrong Horse" its an insurance vid but it shows dressage and racing ! What about Para-dressage , you may have to search but Ive seen a Western dressage vid.as well.
Good Luck

cheeryplatypus

Visit site
Just make sure you structure it.
Tell them what your going to tell them (aims)
Tell them
And recap what you've told them at the end.

I'm going to tell you about dressage (What it is? Why its important? What you love about it?)

Good luck

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
If they've asked you to do a subject your passionate about then you have to get that passion across. So I would start by noting down all the reasons you are passionate about dressage, and then try to relate them to human kind in general, rather than getting too fixated on the technicalities if you are not talking to a horsey audience.

So for example: One of the reasons you are passionate about dressage may be the relationship between horse and rider and then link to western riding or horses of the cavalry.
Or you may love dressage because it is a form of self expression, in which case you can link it to ideas about dance and music.

Good luck with your interview, hope you get it! :)

FubsyMog

Visit site
Some good advice from Cheeryplatypus and DabDab there.

Including the benefits in the wider context derived from your topic might be useful - eg. the benefit of horses to Para riders (as mentioned by another poster), the discipline and how that is transferable to the workplace (planning, coping when things go awry etc), the social element.

Other general advice is to not put too much text on the slides, and have notes yourself so you don't get lost. Good luck!