HELP! Quickest/Cheapest way to NEC!

letrec_fan

Visit site
Going to Crufts next week and we were originally going saturday and train tickets were £75 return for me and mum (which we thought were expensive enough!) but now we have decided to go friday hopefully. However, train tickets have rocketed up in price if we choose to go friday to £230 return for the both of us which we cant afford. (We are in Woking) Now have considered going from a different station other than Woking but none seem to be cheaper. Have also considered driving but mum is a bit terrified of having to drive through birmingham - is it easy to get to the nec - anyone have a good route?

Thank you!

confused.gif

gails

Visit site
I am going as well. Cant wait.

It is really easy to get to, you do not have to acutally go into Birmingam, it is straight off the motor way.

hollyandivy123

Visit site
if you spilt the journey into sections it will work out cheaper!
try woking to clapham junction (£25) then clapham junction to birmingham (£65) the prices are for 2 return you need to put into the nationalrail that you want to avoid going via london

hope this helps

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Very easy to get to ,I live 2 miles down the road from the NEC. There will be problems with traffic once near but it is right on the M42 which links to the M40 or M6 [M1] depends which you come up.

letrec_fan

Visit site
hollyandivy123 I cant work out how it could have cost 25 and 65 £. I get £10.25 from Woking to Clapham and then Clapham to Birmingham is £87 and that is without the return back to woking/clapham!

Thanks for driving advice!

china

Visit site
ticket prices are always bad on a friday, try a thursday! its is dead easy to get you, i have driven there once and im 18. i came off the M5 onto the M42 and off there and across a few roundabouts and your there you just have to find the right parking!

perfect11s

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Going to Crufts next week and we were originally going saturday and train tickets were £75 return for me and mum (which we thought were expensive enough!) but now we have decided to go friday hopefully. However, train tickets have rocketed up in price if we choose to go friday to £230 return for the both of us which we cant afford. (We are in Woking) Now have considered going from a different station other than Woking but none seem to be cheaper. Have also considered driving but mum is a bit terrified of having to drive through birmingham - is it easy to get to the nec - anyone have a good route?

Thank you!

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Its very easy to get to by car, its right by the m42 and is on the south side of brum so I would go m25 clockwise to m40 then after about 70 miles join m42 north I think the NEC is signed from the m40 should take about 2 hours depending on traffic....
smile.gif