help! rescued starving yearling

Groom Mum

Visit site
I agree about following the vet's advice. I would (because I don't have as much experience as most here) be totally guided by my vet. They know best especially about medication and building back up. Well done you for saving this baby. Good luck.

tristar

Visit site
quick update on warrior, due to ongoing lack of time to study how put up photos, so sorry! due to house and garden in bits due to renovations omg

warrior has gone to his new home in the country, a lovely spot with good grass and views across the landscape to the mountains, he has lots of visitors.

he has come on no end and is growing nicely and coming into condition, his legs and feet are coming much straighter, i visited him last night and he decided to have a hooley and galloped round for about 15 minutes just like a normal young pony, and he did a very good job of scattering everyone as we were taken by surprise at having to get out of the way of huge bucks with kicks whilst galloping at full speed!

he is just eating grass now

Princess16

Visit site
Brilliant update! Well done for saving and nurturing this little man.

Love his name btw he certainly is a little warrior :)

tristar

Visit site
many thanks for the interest, he is very well named he went to a new field this morning, and apparently jumped out of the field! but he`s ok so looks like an extra fencing job in the morning.

continuing to collect photos for the future.

tristar

Visit site
2019 update, warrior is now nearly 4 years old.

we are looking for a future for him.

he is still with his rescuer who is a very busy person, apart from working full time has renovated a house during the last two years and is shattered, but we have done a little with him ,he can lunge very well, pick up his fee to clean, and had his first bridle on last sunday, not much i know.

but he is gorgeous, seriously gorgeous, at a guess around 15 hands, cobby, but not hairy at all and has the most beautiful head ever, sort of black and white with spots, but he is lively, and keen to learn, switched on upstairs.

we don`t know how to go about securing his future, all suggestions welcome

still can`t do the photo thing bu will do so soon

Pinkvboots

Visit site
2019 update, warrior is now nearly 4 years old.

we are looking for a future for him.

he is still with his rescuer who is a very busy person, apart from working full time has renovated a house during the last two years and is shattered, but we have done a little with him ,he can lunge very well, pick up his fee to clean, and had his first bridle on last sunday, not much i know.

but he is gorgeous, seriously gorgeous, at a guess around 15 hands, cobby, but not hairy at all and has the most beautiful head ever, sort of black and white with spots, but he is lively, and keen to learn, switched on upstairs.

we don`t know how to go about securing his future, all suggestions welcome

still can`t do the photo thing bu will do so soon

Great news can't wait to see him well done for saving him!

tristar

Visit site
thanks pinky, but my friend has done most of the work since he left here, despite never having had a horse before, i think he deserves some sort of award frankly, and hes had a few frights when warrior got uppity, but i`m helping now.

the thing is to secure his future somehow, so he never has to be passed around, or fall into rough hands because of money etc, he`s far too good for that!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I think your best bet of securing his future will be to get him properly backed and ridden away, then loan him to someone who has enough money to buy. Preferably in an age range where the family thing is done and dusted but old age of the horse will come long before that of the loaner. Then in several years time, to gift him if it seems appropriate, or keep ownership forever of not.

tristar

Visit site
well i would love to keep him, but have several to ride now,which are blood horses, so never had a cob type anyway, but i would like to ride him before he moves on cause he looks like making a good horse

tristar

Visit site
Can’t he keep him?
well he never had a horse before, which is all the more amazing that he has looked after warrior so well, has not let him get too fat etc, but warrior was starting to get a bit playful and was scaring dave, so we started to do something with him, he has calmed down and now gets groomed in the week, and at the weekend we do something new with him every sunday.

so he has now wears a bit and bridle and lunges in a headcollar, a few circuits each way, he is stiffer to the right and falls over his shoulder but after 3 circuits, i was thrilled to see he suddenly went soft to the inside beautifully, a couple of sessions ago he was hot to canter, but now settles and works in trot and walk to voice commands so listening nicely.

last sunday had saddle on for the first time, and was a star, no bucking when lunged, he has the most lovely movement just rolls along over the ground easily,will stay doing this for a couple of sessions then introduce longreins

i know i should`nt say it but i think he`s going to be a superstar! in some field, and will do a lovely dressage test as he seems to find every new step so easy and enjoys it all