Help, riding hats, I am so out of touch.

honetpot

Visit site

Northern Hare

Visit site
If you go for Uvex, they’ve got quite a good range of adjustability so you may find one size will be usable by more than one person. There are lots of models with some less than £100. They’re really fantastic riding hats, so comfortable.

Amun

Visit site
Wow you are able to pick a hat online? Whenever I was buying it took me like half an hour in a shop trying and contemplating what's the best fit ?

Wheresthehoofpick

Visit site
The gatehouse are for more egg head shapes the Uvex fit rounder heads in our experience.

Both adjustable. So can be adjusted to fit perfectly.

Needs must if you live remotely/ are in a pandemic!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Hat fashion happened!

For maximum safety, check out MIPS hats. Otherwise, if you aren't fashion conscious, buy by standard of safety, then head fit within your desired safety rating, not price.

Leam_Carrie

Visit site
I got a new one before lockdown from my local saddlery - Earlswood Equine. I needed a skull cap. They fitted the champion junior x air plus. Think it was about £80 (bought some boots at the same time). If you can wait it is worth going somewhere you can get fitted.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
As well as better safety standards, I do think both comfort and style has moved on too.

The jockey skull I learnt to ride in was far from flattering but also pretty uncomfortable in hot weather.

My Charles Owen cost a fair bit more but is lightweight, nice looking and so comfortable in all weathers, it's totally worth it. The removable liners make it so much more hygienic to wear regularly too. If I was looking to buy now, their new range Halo range looks lovely.

You can still pick up a child's jockey skull reasonably.

ruth83

Visit site
Decathlon hats would not be accepted for riding schools or by (disciplined) freelance coaches if they chose to have tuition.
Check the BHS accepted standards on the above link