Help! Struggling to find jump saddle

JoClark

Visit site
I am having problems finding a jump saddle for my boy, he is a 16.1/16.2 ISH, a lot like a TB thoug; I am 5'9 and have long thighs so I need one that will fit me too.

My saddler has said the Ideal Impala or Apollo will suit his shape, I have the Jessica dressage saddle in wide that fits well. He deals in Ideal so hasn't told me about any other saddles that may fit.

Due to having problems finding these saddles I am wondering what other makes and models are similar to these?

Any help would be great, getting frustrated.

toomanyhorses26

Visit site
I have an ideal event which I loved - not massively forward cut which worked for me being a bit long in the thigh as well (ps it is for sale as I lost the hors it was on )

Asha

Visit site
You are not alone ! Ive been struggling to find a black wide fitting close contact jumping saddle. Why are they all brown ! was hoping to buy a used one, have given up now, so will buy a new one.

dizzyneddy

Visit site
My 16hh ISH was a problem when looking for a suitable saddle tried various saddles & in the end it was between a bates & jeffries hawk event. Decided on the jeffries saddle because it was so comfy & glad l did its 11 years old & still really good condition but l try to tack clean as much as possible.

Polos Mum

Visit site
I bought a lovely saddle from a really helpful dealer on facebook, she has a wide Ideal Nyala in black that looked lovely - just a touch too wide for my boy - I'll pm you her name

Daytona

Visit site
I'm 5 9 and struggled with saddles , knees off the end . Used to be so annoying

I coughed up and paid £1450 and got a made to measure Black Country ricochet and I've never looked back. It's lovely and at last I had a saddle I fitted

Darremi

Visit site
I'm 5 9 and struggled with saddles , knees off the end . Used to be so annoying

I coughed up and paid £1450 and got a made to measure Black Country ricochet and I've never looked back. It's lovely and at last I had a saddle I fitted

Devoucoux Chiberta with the extra forward cut flap. I bought mine 7 years ago and hands down it is the most comfortable thing I have ever ridden in. I am 5.10 with long legs so I struggle to find something that fits my thigh length.

They have shot up in price recently, but the second hand market offers a lot of choice.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I have an Ideal Nyala in Brown, probably been used a dozen times at most. Is 17.5 or 18 (can't remember) in wide.

JoClark

Visit site
Thanks, I dont want to spend the money on new when second hand is so much cheaper. Brown seems to be quite difficult to find. Interested in the Nyala though.

beatrice

Visit site
I was on Saddles Direct earlier and noticed a wide black Imapala Pro on there. Not sure if it was out on trial though.

I have a normal Impala and my boy used to have a Albion K2 so it might be worth seeing if they might suit.

Elvis

Visit site
Sounds like you have exactly the same problem as me. I'm 5ft10 but my boy can't take a saddle longer than 17", I was looking for a GP but none of them could take my leg with jump length stirrups. I ended up with an Albion K2 jump and it's brilliant, takes my leg and I feel really secure in it. But getting one in 17" wide fitting was not easy, I just had to be really patient. They do come up but not often and they go quickly.

JoClark

Visit site
I saw that one on saddles direct, yes it is on trial. To be honest its out of my budget, I could pretty much buy a new one for that, albeit not a pro.
I will look at the K2's. He is bright chestnut so ideally i would need a brown. I don't want to dive in and get black because its available (unless a good deal).
Luckily mine can take a bigger seat if need be. I get a bit worried because he had an Albion mw dressage tried on when I got my Jessica and it didn't fit at all. Might be worth having another saddler giving me a second opinion on what options I have.
I assume wide is very popular, i keep seeing med

Elvis

Visit site
I can't decide whether wide is very popular hence it not coming up often, or that it's rare (at least in a 17" seat)