Help stubborn mare

Horses2222

Visit site
Has anyone got any ideas please I'm desperate my daughters pony when we brought her was amazing a friends daughter kept riding her on lead now my daughters back on the pony (always been off lead) don't listen to anything my daughter asks pony stands in middle of the field refuses to move no matter how much my daughter asks may get a few steps that's it daughter gets very upset & frustration now because of this! Fine follows if in with another horse how can I get my daughter to be more forceful & tell her she has a whip please any ideas??? My daughter's desperate she's loves bones off this pony!

D66

Visit site
Ask around (local tack shops, feed shops, etc) for a sympathetic instructor. Or perhaps join the pony club. You need someone who can see the pony and rider together. Good luck.

madlady

Visit site
Sounds like pony has got used to being on the lead and is now not listening to her rider. Is it possible for you to get an instructor out as a decent instruction should be able to sort it for you.

Myloubylou

Visit site
How old is your daughter & how big is the pony. Maybe that she's not got the strength to get pony going if she's small? Does the pony lunge? You could try lunging with daughter on board to get the pony reacting to her aids, you can backup with lunge whip only if pony doesn't listen. Once going nicely take lunge line away.

Myloubylou

Visit site
I presume if goes ok with company then teeth, back & saddle fit are all good. What is she like to work with on the ground? They can learn to switch of to the whip, try a rustlely plastic bag tied on the end of the whip or buy a wip ***. Worked well in motivating my welsh d to think forwards.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Find an experienced lightweight rider and see if the pony will go for that rider. If it won't you either have a nappy pony or a pony with foot pain.

Horses2222

Visit site
Was brill on ground now doesn't want to walk through certain gates at times now when hacking alone just turns back we end up taking her for a walk up the road! Another horse she's fine she's being very stubborn! I've rode pony moves for me but I am really too big for her & don't want to ideally keep getting on her I was only on her for 2 mins