HELP very upset moondrop don't know what to do!!!! (warning very long)

moon_drop

Visit site
I am in a right panic now, my farrier has bogged off without telling everyone.
mad.gif

Here's the story :

Haven't seen him lately (normaly see him on the road or in Tesco's at least once a week) didn't think anything of it!!
So tried to get a him in two weeks ago to booked all 4 horses in and he didn't anwser or call back when i left a messege
mad.gif
. i've had exams for the last few weeks so not had the time to run after him. On tuesday night was standing with maddie and looked at her feet and OMG are they needing done, so phone him again left messege. he didn't call back again which is not like him, left another messege again. so today i went on the THE FARRIERS REGISTRATION COUNCIL WWW site to check he didn't have a new number but his name and details have gone.

takes breath
tongue.gif

So I got really angry and left him a messege again saying how angry I was at him not calling me back.
So i get a phone call about an hour ago from his WIFE saying they have moved 3 weeks ago and he had tried to call everyone like **** he did !!!! she give me a number for a guy that i've never heard of but gave him a call and guess what he's closed his books! because he's got all my farriers customers.

So here I am with 4 horses needing thier feet done like yesterday!!!! and no Farrier!!!
so what do i do ??????????????????????????????
confused.gif

Sorry so long and the spelling but am so <font color="purple"> ANGRY </font> and Don't know what to do
crazy.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

<font color="red"> What would you do? any ideas all very welcome </font>

moondrop runs off to cry I don't know what to do and really worried. Thanks for reading if you got to the end well done you
smile.gif

Spot1

Visit site
Try asking any one local to you, who has a horse, who their farrier is. Can you transport your horse(s)? Some farriers may however travel further to do four horses
smile.gif
. If you explain your situation you may get an emergency visit but don't appear to apportion blame on to your previous farrier
frown.gif
. The FARRIERS REGISTRATION COUNCIL WWW site has a "find a farrier" listing. Or have a look in yellow pages. Some farriers may offer a one off visit, for an extra charge, just to tide you over. Best of luck in your quest, I'm sure you find someone.
smile.gif

moon_drop

Visit site
forgot to tell you moray (where I live) is the worst place in the uk maybe the world for farriers, its a bit like a black hole!!!!
shocked.gif
I've had maybe had 8 farriers in the last 10yrs and its nothing to do with me or my horses
tongue.gif

Got a list of farriers of the THE FARRIERS REGISTRATION COUNCIL www but i've phone most of them before my run away farrier who i've had for 1 1/2 yrs and most of them won't came this far north or east (am right between aberdeen and inverness,) don't know why
confused.gif
, highland farriers won't came to moray and theirs only a few aberdeenshire farriers will came into moray and all thier books are full.

got a few more to call tomorrow and going to phone my friendly vet and see what he says!!! and go into tack shops.
but finding most have closed thier books and waiting list or have full books and don't have a waiting list.

moon_drop

Visit site
everyone local to me used the run away farrier and am guess are having the same problem as me.
Going to go in past them tomorrow and check they know i have is feeling they don't !!!

am hoping i can get someone to came out just this once and get their feet done now, and that will give me 8 to 10 weeks to find a new farrier. My vet might help with that
tongue.gif
wink.gif

lucky no shoes on maddie at the mo

Andelusional

Visit site
I know how this goes moondrop as we are up here too. There are one or two lads in inverness who are not at capacity and might travel for a bunch of you. Dont know the numbers, but there is a Spanish boy who I have watched shoeing and he is very good. I wll try and find his number for you.

0ldmare

Visit site
Try ringing the farrier who has closed his books and ask him if he knows anyone else. If not ring the Farrier Registration Council and ask them to help you. Or could you box the horses somewhere to get them done? Failing those not working I would beg the farrier who has closed his books to come and remove the shoes and trim the feet up as a temporary measure (or the vet if he wont come). Poor you, what a horrible situation!

moon_drop

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I know how this goes moondrop as we are up here too. There are one or two lads in inverness who are not at capacity and might travel for a bunch of you. Dont know the numbers, but there is a Spanish boy who I have watched shoeing and he is very good. I wll try and find his number for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be really good if you could, will Pm you later about it
tongue.gif

got list to phone tonight but they are over the place and only heard of a few of them, as i said before thier very funny about caming to moray
confused.gif

thank god haven't got shoes on maddie noramal has at this time of year. going to speak to my vet after college and see if needs be he can maybe sit on a farrier and make him come out
wink.gif
just this once and that will give me time!!!
the guy i phoned last night thats closed his books wasn't very helpful and said that he's only worrierd about his own customers and not the run away farriers!!!
mad.gif

airedale

Visit site
explain to the FRC that under the new Animal Welfare Act you could be prosecuted for having your horses feet in a bad condition and that as it is not your fault your farrier has done a bunk they should feel obliged to help you (and perhaps put pressure on one of their members to comd and remove and trim at least - you could then work unshod for a bit - you might find a few don't actually need shoes)

The FRC has a monopoly in that it is illegal for anyone not qualified to shoe a horse in this country (unlike USA) - whilst that is a good thing for horses it also puts a responsibility on the registration body to help in this sort of situation.

you don't need to be registered to rasp a hoof so if you had their shoes off and trimmed you'd at least be able to keep the edges from breaking up until the situation is resolved.

good luck - not a nice situation.