Help !! when your heart takes over the head????

rainer

Visit site
I would take her if I had the room etc I think u should go for it you won't regret it as you can give her a better life :) good luck and hope to see pics xxx

Hexx

Visit site
I walked away from a similar situation 12 years ago. A lovely little Section d mare, she was so poor and dejected. She was in a riding school, and the girl that rode her for me didn't even sit on her back, she was so thin and not able to really take the girl's full weight.

I walked away........... I wish I hadn't - I wish I had bitten the bullet, offered a nominal sum and taken her away. I still think about her occasionally and wonder what could have been.

If you have the passion to take her on - and it sounds like you do - go for it!!!

elsielouise

Visit site
My friend and I bought one this summer. Advertised as homebred, long story about why mare was un available to be seen blah blah hatrack three year old, wormy, viral infection. Both our husbands had a fit when we rocked up with it. We had to isolate it for a week, paid well over te odds and.....

Six months later it's a super looking little pony with a lovely nature. Is possibly a rig but doesn't seem to be bothered being out with the mares. I'd say go for it just be prepared to manage your expectations accordingly.

Littlelegs

Visit site
Yes, provided you have a plan for if it goes wrong. The sensible part of me says no, however in your shoes I didn't listen to the sensible voice in my head, infact I don't think it even spoke. I bought a yearling, completely out of sympathy, with absolutely nothing positive going for her at all, & no realistic thoughts of any future purpose. If I'm entirely honest, I bought her with the plan if necessary, I'd prefer to take her home then call the hunt next day, than leave her. Although it hasn't always been easy, & without things like my set up it would have been impossible, over 4yrs later she is ace. I could have travelled for hours & spent a fortune & still not found a pony as suited to my child in every way. Best £10 I ever spent!