Help! Which Showjumping Stallion??

Pixie91

Visit site
I'm looking to put my 10yr old Bay (pink papered) Oldenburg mare in foal this year. I'm looking to produce a nice scopey showjumper for myself to jump upto 1m30 on. The mare has previously competed internationally up to 1.20/1.30 level. Her lines include, Acorado, Acord, Contender, Hinault, Landgraf.

Any advice is greatly appreciated as I've spent hours looking at stallions! They don't have to be uk based and I'm not fussed on colour but they must have proven youngstock and stamping their stock well.

no_no_nanette

Visit site
There are lots to choose from in the UK now, so it would be great to support British breeding if possible! Take a look at Brendon Stud, Sussex, as they have some very, very nice young as well as proven stallions there and have bred winner after winner themselves. Might be worth giving them a ring to discuss your mare and what you're looking for. There is also Ramiro B who has an incredible record as a sire, standing at Harthill Stud. And the little "pocket rocket" himself, Balou Star (who throws much bigger than himself), whose foals have already attracted top scoring in the Futurity, who is standing with the Allens in Yorkshire. And that's just for starters...... But I don't think that you could go far wrong if you narrow down to those suggestions. If you wanted a very well proven stallion, Caretino Glory at Brendon has progeny jumping on the international circuit as well as having competed internationally himself.

Springs

Visit site
Hi You could look at Spring's Spirit, he has a super jumping record in eventing and some show jumping, Young stock are super and have his same jump, temperament and are safe. He will be at the StallionAI open day on the 23rd, pop along and see for yourself. Oh he is British Bred. :)

Escada2004

Visit site
Cicero Z Van Paemel is very nice and his offspring are very consistent in the way they jump. He has some very very nice young horses coming through who are doing very well in the age classes