Help with chaff choices please

Spangles

Visit site
Horses are currently on Chestnut Feed Chomp/ Chaff but need to choose an alternative from three choices at a new yard. These being HIFI - original, Happy Hoof or Molliechaff..
Am I right in thinking Molliechaff is high in sugar ? I have two horses, a 14.3hh cob (happy hacker) and a 16.1hh WB who is coming back into work hopefully and so will be increasing fitness over the coming months.

I'm no expert on feed and there's so much choice out there but know low starch and sugar is better. Could you please advise which of the above chaffs would be the better option please ?
(NB: Also fed Chestnut Sensitive Performance Mix)

Thank you

bouncing_ball

Visit site
Horses are currently on Chestnut Feed Chomp/ Chaff but need to choose an alternative from three choices at a new yard. These being HIFI - original, Happy Hoof or Molliechaff..
Am I right in thinking Molliechaff is high in sugar ? I have two horses, a 14.3hh cob (happy hacker) and a 16.1hh WB who is coming back into work hopefully and so will be increasing fitness over the coming months.

I'm no expert on feed and there's so much choice out there but know low starch and sugar is better. Could you please advise which of the above chaffs would be the better option please ?
(NB: Also fed Chestnut Sensitive Performance Mix)

Thank you

look at this link

https://www.facebook.com/mellingvet...ff-here-is-a-list-of-the-pe/1797263953853809/

Happy Hoof 5%
Hifi original 9%
Mollichaff original 16-21%

So I’d go for Happy Hoof

Nasicus

Visit site
Any reason you can't stick with your current feed? Will they not allow for storage of the chestnut feed bins?
I've been on a few yards that included feed as part of the livery, but they never had a problem with people opting to purchase something else for their horses.