Help With Saddle For Showing Please?

claracanter

Visit site
As the title really. I am looking to do a couple of local showing classes with my boy this summer but I ride him in a tan jumping saddle and bridle. Is this colour/style appropriate for showing? He is brown. I do have a Havana bridle and GP saddle (although saddle is with the saddler waiting to be sold) Should I get the saddle back for showing although my boy goes far better in the jumping saddle. We are looking to do TARRA/ROR/TB type classes. Thanks

xloopylozzax

Visit site
Needs to be straight cut, and havana. Tan would be incorrect.

If you are doing qualifiers for those classes, local or not, you need correct turnout.

humblepie

Visit site
GP saddle would be better as will show shoulder off and make horse look better in front. Proper showing saddles are very straight cut for that reason

I wouldn't worry too much but the darker coloured gp would be better

Main thing is to enjoy it.

Lolo

Visit site
Reg only upgraded to a straight cut saddle when he started doing the big RoR stuff, but a straight cut saddle really does make a lot of difference. Reg looks good in his jumping saddle, but the showing (well, dressage with no blocks) saddle really shows off his shoulders and makes him look even bigger.

Dark brown is best, from what we saw, although black seemed to do.

But generally, our experience said that no matter how your horse was dressed if it behaved, was well mannered and had reasonable conformation then you were up there.

ArtyLinz

Visit site
Havana only is correct for Showing. A straight cut saddle is preferred as it shows off the shoulder but in RoR you can get away with a GP. Havana though - tan would never show your horse off and presents an untidy picture. Good luck with him :)