HELP

aimz89

Visit site
As Be Positive advises, you have him tested.

If he is a wobbler it's not necessarily the end of the world - and of course you'd have to declare it in any sale.

if he is, i would not re sell him - i would not have sold him in the first place.

lcharles

Visit site
Its not for you to prove anything to her but if it helps show her his vet records that will show no signs of wobblers. Then tell her to p*ss off x

Puzzles

Visit site
You are in a much stronger position than this woman. It's just her word against yours and, legally, it's much more difficult for her to prove that you are guilty of anything than it is for you to defend yourself. You have done nothing wrong and you need to stand your ground and keep your chin up! Hang on in there x

Pocket_Rocket

Visit site
Have you spoken to the yard you bought him from since the lady returned the horse to you? It could be her telling you a pack of lies e.g. they so say telling you he has wobblers & so say you had to give him a home for life. Trying to make you feel guilty about something you were unaware of?

I would contact the yard first ask if she has contacted them and confirm what was or wasn't said to her. Then go from there as others have said you will need to have him tested.

I agree with others do not give her a penny in fact start invoicing her for livery. Threaten her with the small claims court if she refuses to pay your costs. And if he hasn't got wobblers and you sell him you can charge her for sales livery including fees you have incurred for advertising, etc

The bottom line is try not to feel bad you'll get it sorted keep us updated

Spring Feather

Visit site
If you don't want the horse then do not pay her a penny and ask her to collect the horse forthwith. It sounds like you do want the horse though rather than her having him in which case if it were me I'd come to some agreement on price (nominal possibly) and have his ownership transferred back to you. I would give her a "take it or leave it" offer.