Help

Aidan

New User
Visit site
Hi all
Am looking for any help to try and find information about a horse I have just bought.
It has a new passport with no detail as I bought it from a dealer , is there a way to try and find anything about her from her microchip?

Aidan

New User
Visit site
Hi , thanks for that. The number I have says no results, it's an Irish draught so maybe it came from Ireland but I cannot find how to look up irish microchips

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Hi all
Am looking for any help to try and find information about a horse I have just bought.
It has a new passport with no detail as I bought it from a dealer , is there a way to try and find anything about her from her microchip?

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding your wording, Aidan, but an adult horse bought from anyone, dealer or not, should not have a new passport and depending on the dealer it can be a big red flag if it does. I would want a very convincing explanation of how the original got lost and why a replacement from the same passport issuer couldn't be obtained.

I hope your query is just because you are curious about your new horse's past and you are happy with them.

ycbm

Visit site
Has your vet scanned the chip and does it match what's on the passport? It is possible, or it used to be, simply to fake chip numbers with some passport issuers.

Aidan

New User
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding your wording, Aidan, but an adult horse bought from anyone, dealer or not, should not have a new passport and depending on the dealer it can be a big red flag if it does. I would want a very convincing explanation of how the original got lost and why a replacement from the same passport issuer couldn't be obtained.

I hope your query is just because you are curious about your new horse's past and you are happy with them.
hi , yes that's the case , they told us it had been lost so they could not get a copy of the original

ycbm

Visit site
hi , yes that's the case , they told us it had been lost so they could not get a copy of the original

If they knew what authority issued it they could have got a replacement which would have been marked as a replacement. It will be key whether the chip actually matches this new passport.

I do hope for your sake that you are just curious and not that you are having problems with the horse.

Aidan

New User
Visit site
If they knew what authority issued it they could have got a replacement which would have been marked as a replacement. It will be key whether the chip actually matches this new passport.

I do hope for your sake that you are just curious and not that you are having problems with the horse.
Hi , yes the horse is fine I was just trying to find any history on her