Henry Cecil

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Just saw on the Guardian site that Henry Cecil has passed away.
Not totally unexpected given how ill he has been but sad news all the same and how wonderful that he had Frankel last year.

foraday

Visit site
Newmarket is a quiet and empty place today

Just awful news. We all hoped he would grace Royal Ascot next week, but alas was not to be

RIP Sir Henry

Fools Motto

Visit site
Sad news indeed.
I only met him once in person, at Tattersalls, and although obviously unwell, and clearly with a rough dry humour, I appreciated it that he thanked me for showing a yearling to him. I'll remember that.

RIP Sir Henry.

Daffodil

Visit site
Dreadful, dreadful news. Hard to take in really.

RIP Sir Henry, and condolences to everyone at Warren Place.

AMH

Visit site
Racing will never be quite the same again.

Thank heavens he managed to see out Frankel's career - the greatest racehorse, trained by the greatest trainer.

RIP Sir Henry, you will be sorely missed.

silu

Visit site
I shed a tear, not unexpected but still so very sad for all those close to him. Doubt we'll see the likes of him again mores the pity.

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
Truly saddened to hear this sad news. A true gentleman, and a training genius. Racing is a poorer place today for the loss of this amazing man. So many wonderful memories of the horses he trained, not least Frankel. One of my favourites was Kings Theatre. RIP Sir Henry, you will be sorely missed.

Alec Swan

Visit site
One of the few people in the public eye today, who had an unaffected and natural charm, courtesy and charisma. He was modest in both victory and defeat. He was respected and revered by his staff, his friends and his clients. Sir Henry Cecil was a remarkable man.

Rest in peace sir, this world is a poorer place for your passing.

a.

Freddie19

Visit site
So sad, but agree with another poster, was it not wonderful that he had Frankel to "brighten" the evening of his life. Such a gentleman, although I never met him, I always thought how mannerly he was to every interviewer, on whatever channel. My condolences to his family, friends and all his staff.

millhouse

Visit site
Only just learnt of Henry's sad passing. Devastated.

God bless you Sir Henry - you were one of the best.

Nosey

Visit site
Absolute gentleman & ambassador for the sport & what an unbelieveable last innings he had with Frankel..sure that spurred him on that bit longer. Condolences to all connections..RIP Henry.

scotlass

Visit site
Such sad news, but a blessing as he looked so, so unwell when he gave a short interview after Frankel's 14th win.

Hopefully, Frankel's half sister, Joyeuse, will take her place in next week's Albany Stakes at Royal Ascot as a tribute to Sir Henry.