Henry Daly.

waggit

Visit site
I read that Henry Daly is to be fined for waving his hands at one of his horses at the start of a race. Those in charge state that he broke a rule concerning encouraging a horse to jump off and race and that they want to make it clear that horses start and race by their own will. Errr so is that why there is a person running up behind the field cracking a whip !!!! LOL

Visit site
It was Henry Oliver that got the fine not Daly. Either which way it is ridiculous! Racing is a professional sport being run by idiots! Surely a quick wee word would suffice! No need to add it into the stewards notes let alone fine him! He was no where near the start of the race! The BHA just seem to be fining people and making up daft rules as they go along!

Someone, i cant remember who, made the point that racing doesnt force horses to race, a guy waving his arms isnt ok but 3 or 4 stalls handlers blindfolding, pushing and shoving a horse into starting stalls is ok? Utter madness!

waggit

Visit site
Oh sorry. I meant Oliver, I'm filling in a form for a Mr Daly. I've just had to tear the envelope open, and yes I have addressed it to Mr Oliver! I am struggling to watch racing at all at the moment. Some great horses but it's run by degree wielding idiots and commentated on by patronising betting obsessed personalities. I am getting old but I do miss John Francome and dear old Lord Oaksey.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
For this to happen just after the hind shoe debacle is ridiculous, they are going so far down the pc route that before long there wont be any real horses being run but screens showing virtual ones. The BHA seem to be hell bent on alienating everyone in the pursuit to please the anti racing brigade.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Me too Waggit, and do you remember John Rickman on the ITV7, always used to doff his hat to the viewers. Regarding the Henry Oliver incident, I dont understand why flapping your arms about isnt ok but other trainers go to the start and run the horses in to get them to start, how is that OK ??