Hepatic help

Charlie007

Visit site
Mum has just taken on a rescue mongeral bitch. She is suffering from liver problems which she is now on medication for. She is nearly 2. She is skinny but after just one week is putting a bit of weight on. She would also just pace round the house with her head to the floor. She didn't sit or lie, even after night, just constantly paced. Beautiful natured dog but so sad to see. She has been with mum for just a week and she is improving and starting to act like a normal dog already. Mum now has 7 rescues! This little dog is on a special diet of hepatic food and medication. Does anyone know of any suitable treats that she could have? Mum rang vet who said just give her some of her biscuit, but mum feels guilty when the others get a treat and new dog can only have a bit of biscuit. There perhaps isn't anything suitable but just thought I would ask. This dog, once rehabilitated is supposed to be rehomed. I get the feeling she will be staying where she is!!

zippo

Visit site
A treat is a treat,is a treat!It's not what it is,it's the fact that it's given in a certain situation.
Dame Shirley Bassette is on such a retricted diet,you don't want to know about it!
When "treats"are handed out,she gets a few of her diet biscuits,the other get something different but it's the atmosphere that produces feel good moments,she's overjoyed with that moment of attention and anticipation.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
The dog won't care if she's getting the biscuit that she gets for meals or not. I wonder if your mum could have a look at a milk thistle supplement for hepatic support, too?

Charlie007

Visit site
Yes I suppose when you look at it like that!!! The other thing I suppose is the lack of variety. She can have that food and that's it. Being too soft!!