Her Majesty's Cavalry

The-Bookworm

Visit site
I was surprised by the amount of horses in that small school area.
Definately no one horse space in front being taught, but then if you look at how close they all are out on parade, possibly the horses need to cope.
Havent watched it again as the cantering was appauling. Putting people and horses in danger getting them all the canter at the same time, stupid irresponsible instructor.
Have to admit, although I quite liked it and will watch again I’m not at all sure how I felt about it all.

Auslander

Visit site
Havent watched it again as the cantering was appauling. Putting people and horses in danger getting them all the canter at the same time, stupid irresponsible instructor.

They aren't learning to ride for fun - they're cavalry, riding experienced cavalry horses, so it's not dangerous. They need to learn fast to stay on and work with other horses in close proximity. It's not how we would do it, but it works

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I thought the same given that it's not in their interest to be paying sick leave for accidents, the system must work well enough for them.

Reactions: DD

Abi90

Visit site
I was on that exercise. Didn’t do anything with tanks but joined some Household Cavalry guys to ride the Arabians of the Omani Cavalry and the UK Cav guys were terrible! Got absolutely outdone by the RAF