Herefordshire/Gloucestershire/Monmouthshire peeps read and pass on.

Maloo

Visit site
This is an e-mail I have recieved from our local Police/Neighbourhood Watch....... Its very scary.......
Please read and pass on to all you know.

"Everyone please be on the look out for any suspicious vehicles in the rural areas, possibly being driven by Eastern Europeans. Occupants of various vehicles have been seen taking an interest in livestock, particularly horses. They will take the time and trouble to photograph the animals with the intention of then possibly returning to steal them.

A number of these incidents have occurred across West Mercia, including Ross-on-Wye and Gloucestershire Police areas.

Please consider the security of your animals. If possible get them micro chipped if not already done and keep gates securely locked. Keep in touch with your neighbours and look out for each other.

Anything suspicious report to the Police immediately"

Gives you goosebumps doesnt it..... Keep you eyes open everyone....

michaelj

jarmuzwebdesign.co.uk
Urgh, do we really need more about this on the forums! Ok, I admit its scary, but clogging everywhere up! We should be putting USEFUL information up, like TRUE sightings maybe we can figuire out a pattern where they are going, but for the life of me i cannot read the potentially important ones!
notice the words... POSSIBLY

xx

Maloo

Visit site
Should have read all the other posts before posting this - seems its happening all over the place (that or mild hysteria is spreading............) But it did come from our local Police co-ordinator..

showjumpinglover

Visit site
i may sound picky now, but admin did say please post if you actualy know something and not just because you have got an email or a text.

sorry that may be picky, but i think admin are getting a bit fed up with the same post being posted about 3 times a week

dawn4321

Visit site
i posted on here last night im in warwickshire and mine is sure not a hoax two men i will say foreign as did not get close to them photographing horses in village ive reported it and got a photo of them on my mobile so this is not a hoax.

Tinkerbee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
how did you know they were 'foreign' then?

[/ QUOTE ]

they didnt have blond hair, blue eyes and speak with RP Im guessing
grin.gif

Amys_Babies

Visit site
God this is bad...i have a deposit on a foal in ross-on-wye which i will be collecting end of sept. Does anyone know what the police are doing about this?

markrachas1

New User
Visit site
Hi All - it is terrible and very sad but it is true that they suspicious activities are going on in the Ross On Wye and Monmouth areas - I live in this area and have had alot of alerts and spoken to the police regarding this - as it has been posted that it is all a sick joke etc - IT IS NOT !
an email I have recieved states "Hi all,

I’m sure a lot of you will have already been contacted in some form or other about this, but it’s important that as many people as possible know what is going on – it could be your horse (heaven forbid), please keep your eyes open and report anything you not sure about.

There have been 3 sightings of 2 suspicious men with eastern European accents photographing local horses.

This could be a steal to order gang. The men have been seen at shows; events and even in horse owners field taking pics.

They have been seen in
a white VAN Reg
Red Land Cruiser.
Blue Golf
Silver people Carrier Irish Plates

More updates of these people photographing horses and acting suspiciously are coming in all the time.

The Police have just phoned us to update us after their investigations into a report of men and the N reg white van and red four wheel drive (land cruiser/land rover has been mentioned) photographing horses in LLanishen yesterday.

The owners gave chase to the vehicle but could not get the registration and unfortunately they got away.

The Police have just told us that yellow arrows have been marked on the road to the horses in Llanishen.

Also, last night Caldicot Police were given reports of a van fitting the description acting suspiciously in the Tintern / St Arvans area.

The chap who had his 2 foals stolen last year is going to see the man in Llanishen today to find out the details of exactly what happened yesterday. I'll let you know of anything else I hear.

The Police have passed it on to intelligence to see if it has any links to a number of horse thefts. They seem to be taking it very seriously around here at least.

Please spread the word.

Police are treating this as suspicious, so please contact them urgently if you see anything."

A horse was injured last night/early this morning and the vet is ademant that the injuries are those that would be made by a vehicle running into her - strange isnt it that the suspicious vehicles have been seen in the exact area in the same time frame and also of course that she is a sod to load!

Weezy

Visit site
markrach - who are you? Sorry if I sound a bit narky but you are a newbie, so tell us about yourself and who you are.

Who did you receive this email from? A friend? If so then who did your friend receive it from?

These sort of posts, with absolutely NO back up are what is causing all this hysteria.

markrachas1

New User
Visit site
Hi - yes I am a newbie - I live on the Monmouth Gloucester borders - am a horse owner myself, I work with horses also...
The source of the email is very reliable and was visited by the police herself. So it hasnt come via a friends friend of a friend or anything like that!!!! it has come straight to me via my friend who owns a local tack shop, the police have visited her. I have been in touch with the local police who have confirmed that this has happened, after reading on the websites that it was a hoax I wanted to check. Gloucestershire police also confirmed that there had been problems with horses in Churchdown and Tewkesbury.
The horse that was injured - this I know to be 100% true as it is a woman I know personally, she put her horse out on loan about 2 months ago now, and unfortunately it is her horse that this has happened to!

I am sorry i did not introduce myself very well - just as with all horse owners am slightly worried - then calm after i read it is all a hoax and then worried again after talking to the police personally!!!

FFF

Visit site
They have been around Gloucestershire. Recently they have been toward quedgley, shurdington and taking photos of horses. Most yards now have security guards and it is all being taken very seriously.

Most cobs will be sold to appleby fair, but most other horses are being sold to Ireland, as you do not always need a passport.