Hersham livery yards...

KT88

Visit site
This is probably a bit of a stab in the dark, but I was just wondering if anyone on here knows anything about the small DIY yards in Hersham (Surrey) on Turner's Lane and Burhill Road?

I went wandering down there a few weeks ago to find out about livery spaces and prices but most of the yards were deserted with no sign of contact numbers or anything!

If anyone knows anything about them I would greatly appreciate it! If not I will have to keep wandering on different days until I finally find someone!

KT

Teddybully

Visit site
I know about 2/3 years ago one of them was run by Sarah Gledhill, probably still is. She's an eventer and on facebook, so you can contact that way I guess.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
I kept a horse at Turners Lane (many years back :eek:), and it was council owner then. I then had a horse on Burhill Road, right at the very end, but that's gone now. Next, I was engaged to a bloke who's dad ran the livery yard which used to be a pig farm (next to the gypsy site)...

Blimey, memories flooding back there !!! Not much help tho, sorry.

KT88

Visit site
Thanks everyone! Went for a wander down there this afternoon but half the yards were still deserted! Not sure when people are around if not on a sunday! lol

I was given Sarah's number tho so thanks for that. Does anyone know if Riverside farm down there is any good? There never seems to be anyone around that one at all.

Henny

Visit site
Ive heard the yard with the blue doors is the best, really nice people there ;) Weekend morning, or evenings after work are the best times to catch people

pearcider

Visit site
I've heard the yard with blue doors is best too. Great bunch of liveries although have heard they sit about drinking coffee a lot or pimms if it's hot.

NG1

New User
Visit site
I've heard the yard with blue doors is best too. Great bunch of liveries although have heard they sit about drinking coffee a lot or pimms if it's hot.

How very civilised! if only all yards were like that :D

Last edited:

queenb

Visit site
Yep I can third that ! The yard with the blue doors and the smart new fencing is the best, it has a great social side to the yard and everyone is very friendly they accomodate all including little tiny sec a's that look like piglets ! :)

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Riverside Farm is it !!! The one my ex lived at with his parents :D God all those years I spent down there and I'd forgotton it's name...

I don't know if the yard is still there, but I used to ride a lot thru the golf course, and down to Oxshott Woods. There was a new riding/livery place on the road after the golf course, and that had direct riding into Esher and Oxshott woods. Might be worth checking it out, as the hacking was so fab :)

KT88

Visit site
Riverside Farm is it !!! The one my ex lived at with his parents :D God all those years I spent down there and I'd forgotton it's name...

I don't know if the yard is still there, but I used to ride a lot thru the golf course, and down to Oxshott Woods. There was a new riding/livery place on the road after the golf course, and that had direct riding into Esher and Oxshott woods. Might be worth checking it out, as the hacking was so fab :)

Riverside Farm is a different one. Always deserted when I've been round there but it is still there!
I was wondering where you could hack to from the area so glad there are options about!

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Unfortunately, i could only go on the golf course as I had my horse stabled at the very end house within the Burhill Golf course, otherwise it's a no-no. You can still see the concrete which is where my beloved stable was, now long gone *sigh*.

other than that, the hacking was pretty dire,other than going round burwood Park to the canter along the woods at the top... which is why I suggest seeing if that riding school is still down near Oxshott - think the gates are locked on the golf course side (we had a key), but you can get there via the other oxshott side.

Another place I kept my horse was at the Claremont Fan Court School, no stable, but fab hacking into Esher woods. Is that still an option ? Or garson farm livery ?

KT88

Visit site
I dont know to be honest! Ive just spent the last 3 years in Hampshire at uni so have lots of horsey contacts and knowledge of the area there but nothing here really!! Very frustrating! haha