Hesteflex by Hestevard

Frances144

Visit site
Hello

Does anyone use Hesteflex on their aged horse or pony?

If so, could you tell me if it has made a difference and in what way.

I am considering selling a kidney and my first born to give my aged Icelandic horse this supplement. He is very stiff (already on boswellia/TurmerAid combo, which has done well but seems to be losing its power. This winter has been hard).

Many thanks in advance for your advice. Appreciated.

(gratuitous photo of the old man)

IMG_2541.jpg

poiuytrewq

Visit site
A friend does. She had an older dressage horse who was very unsound and looking at putting to sleep after being unable to keep him comfortable.
Last time I spoke to her which was a while ago he’d been on it a while and was back hacking around quietly. She was absolutely thrilled and really rated it.

SEL

Visit site
I use Bozmerix by Hestevard. Re CBD there was an extremely interesting study posted by David Marlin yesterday written by another vet. https://drdavidmarlin.com/cbd-and-h...uYucTER1oCB7Wkp5YKI1UjPAZfW0djWJ6X6ZMsxZcMRcg

The quantities needed for CBD to be effective are really high.
I have a 13h pony we were struggling with nailing on shoes (& she has wonky feet so needs them). I dosed her up with CBD 3 days before the farrier and without telling him. She stood like a rock - even taking the weight on her weaker leg - for the whole shoeing process. Farrier asked me if I'd sedated her. Done it twice now and same effect both times.

PSSM mare is a changed horse on it and she is riddled with arthritis as well as muscular problems. I ran out a few weeks back and they were having supply issues and she was back to stiff & cranky within a few days.

The only thing I haven't seen any evidence of is using it as a calmer which some people say it's great with. No effect at all on my bouncy youngster so perhaps the calming effect actually comes from pain relief.

Its definitely something worth trying for anyone with an arthritic horse if other supplements aren't working. I've got one on bozmerix who does ok on it (the one with shoeing issues) but that's done nothing for the other mare. I'm pretty sure a vet said the quantities in bozmerix shouldn't work but I notice if I drop that too.