Hey ho, hey ho, we're off to...

Nicnac

Visit site
Sayonara is not good; please let this be an au revoir rather than an adieu.

What a rollercoaster you have taken us on the past 3 years. Thank you for the beautifully written words, the many laughs and few tears.

Your boobs will be sorely missed. がんばろう

tatty_v

Visit site
I will miss your reports, they always made me smile and I am in awe of everything you have achieved. Best of luck on your travels x

Mince Pie

Visit site
Please don't leave HHO! I love seeing a thread with your name under it pop up, because I know it will be brilliantly written and funny and witty. I hope you don't hang up your boots completely I'm sure there will be a horsey scene for you over there to enjoy. Sayonara HTT, and good luck :)

HotToTrot

Visit site
Don't quite know what to say but didn't want to read and run...
Sounds like you've had a phenomenal time competing, way above the dizzy heights you thought you could reach.
Off to Japan? Hmmm isn't that where the next olympics are??? Might be an idea to get involved in the eventing organisation somehow.....methinks you might have planned this ha ha😄😄

Ha! Yes, maybe I can test drive the Olympic horses.

Beautifully written, as always. I gave up eventing too, after reaching the upper levels (which were a slog and a half to reach). I've never regretted it, not once. I still ride, doing dressage though. I think you've made an incredible decision, one that will lead you on a brilliant, amazing life journey with your family. And isn't that what life is about? Making memories of amazing journeys?

Yes. It's an opportunity that we couldn't pass up!

What an emotive piece of writing, don't really know what to say but wish you well.

Thanks!

You have made my eyes leak rather a lot and it's not even 7:00. Good luck, HTT. Enjoy your new adventures.

Oh dear - more coffee?

HTH, a very eloquent piece, totally get what you are saying - enjoy the next chapter - I'm going to miss your bloody brilliant write ups m'dear x
Good luck for the future, and never say never :wink3:

Thanks!

You are such an inspiration to all.

I want to wish you well with the next chapter of your life, I too will miss your write ups and following you where I fear to tread, however, thanks to you, you have without a shadow of a doubt made me find out my brave pants and push on with me and my girl, as im sure you have with many others.

Wishing you all the best :)

That's a nice thing to say - but not sure I am an inspiration! Good luck!

Oh HTT... I am going to miss you and your fabulous reports.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting us follow your eventing journey with you - we were the passengers in cattle class on that train but made to feel like VIPs. I have loved slogging up every hill and back down into a dip with you and I hope you find some way to continue writing as you are so very good at it.

I wish you the very best in Tokyo.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

<3

Thank you for reading!

amazing writing as always HTT, my eyes did leak slightly.

I for sure will miss your write ups, your dedication to your sport and your horses is inspiring.

good luck with the move, and enjoy the new adventure that Tokyo will bring

Thank you!

I've laughed and cried along with everyone else over the past couple of years - but very rarely commented. With sadness I applaud your decision - you have been an inspiration to us all. There will be many adventures and memories to be made ahead - I just wish you could continue to share them with us! xx

That's right. It is a new adventure.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Wow, Tokyo will be amazing! Maybe you can start a travel blog for us all to follow? I'm sure it will be a hit!!

Is the move for good? Are you leaving the neddies here?

View

Visit site
What everyone has said.

Your reports are always well written and a joy to read. Your time management and organisational skills still leave me in awe, and yes, you have inspired many of us.

Enjoy Tokyo, but please do keep in touch with HHO.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
I've laughed and cried along with everyone else over the past couple of years - but very rarely commented. With sadness I applaud your decision - you have been an inspiration to us all. There will be many adventures and memories to be made ahead - I just wish you could continue to share them with us! xx

This 100%

Thank you for giving me amazing visuals with your writing.

I wish you all the luck in Tokyo.

blackhor2e

Visit site
HTT you have done such a fantastic job to get to Advanced level and I for one have enjoyed reading your reports every step of the way. May you treasure all those wonderful memories made here eventing to Tokyo. I understand the unspoken feelings you have, I have them too, but will ignore them for as long as I can. Hope we do hear from you soon to tell us all how you are getting on.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Speaking as someone who is far too scared to have more than one hoof off the ground at once I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your reports, always written with such good humour, especially when circumstances conspired against you! You made us all feel that there is hope that we can achieve some of our dreams and we all rode along with you. You have left some unforgettable images in our heads, not necessarily horse related :) I shall miss your brilliant writing and am another who hopes that you will keep in touch from Japan, maybe you could liven up the Soapbox section with Tales from Tokyo. I wish you and your family the very best of luck with this new adventure x

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
What?! I was expecting to read another bloody fantastic insert... not that I ever comment because frankly I'm not good enough to... leaky boobs between dressage and SJ... :D:D honestly, I cried and would've written something but I couldn't see for hilarious tears.... then I was showing MY husband how it ought to be done!!! Good luck HTT... sayonara....

HotToTrot

Visit site
Great post, but you must always be moving on. There are other challenges, I'm sure, and you can concentrate on watching your children grow up.
It was nice to actually put a face to a name yesterday, sorry you didn't complete on your last ride.

It was nice to meet you, hope you had a good day!

As always an excellent and emotive report. I am guessing there will be some similar reports on exploits in Japan - maybe not horsey but we will all read with interest and feel a part of your Japanese adventure....

Ha, it is going t be chaos!

I'm going to miss your reports HTT, your way with words is brilliant. Good luck in your new adventure :)

Thank you!

i also had a tear in my eye as i read this, as others have already said, I feel in awe of your achievements and also very grateful that you have shared your amazing journey with us all. it has certainly inspired me to get out and do it before it is to late - rather than watching from the sidelines.
best of luck in your new family adventure, I hope we will hear from you again in the future!

Well, it has been nice for me to be able to share it, and be reassured by you all that I am a bit bonkers!!

In the words of Douglas Adams "so long and thanks for all the fish".

I'd hoped you'd be winging over to Aldon as your swan song, for one last hurrah, but you've snook off content to finish in one piece with you and your boys ready to start a new chapter.

Not many can say "I did that", but you can, and you can write the book, and if you're not eventing think of all the time you'll have.

Thanks for sharing your highs and lows and all the bits in between in such a fun way. :)

I haven't read that one!

Oh HTT what will HHO be without you - a less eventful place for sure. I'd hoped to get over to Gatcombe to finally put the face to a name and wave you off to pastures new but family and life got in the way.
You've been an inspiration and if I'm honest more than a bit awe inspiring - I've muttered to myself more than once that if you can get to Advanced with 2 children, complicated job and all the rest of life to deal with, that I can get myself, with my one child, less complicated job and great support to more than one event / over that much smaller course over there without utter catastrophe.
Have an amazing time in Japan but I for one will be hoping for a HTT commentary on the Olympics ;)

That is very kind f you! Thank you!

A beautiful read, thank you and good luck for Tokyo. X

Thanks.

What a lovely piece of writing, I am so glad to read something from someone who is aware of how lucky we are to get to have a go at this eventing lark - at whatever level. And just how much support it takes from the 'background crew'.

Good luck in Tokyo, if I win the lottery in the near future (which admittedly in unlikely, as I don't play) I will happily give Vito, or indeed Parrot a home.

It does take a lot of support.

What a beautiful piece of writing and I too will miss your reports. What an experience and opportunity for you and your children in Tokyo and have a fabulous time there.

Thank you!

Wish you all the best OP... I always look forward to your posts. And I hope that you will share some of your Tokyo adventures with us :)

Thanks!

HTH, a very eloquent piece, totally get what you are saying - enjoy the next chapter - I'm going to miss your bloody brilliant write ups m'dear x
Good luck for the future, and never say never :wink3:

I don't think it's a "never" - I hope not!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Gosh. My eyes are leaking after reading that. In a good way though. I wish you all the very best in your new life in your new world.

I also looking forward to reading your first memoirs, or novel I'm not fussy :) Love your writing.

Fidgety

Visit site
What a fantastic tribute to your OH, family and horses. All the very best with your next phase of your lives, but please don't let it be 'sayonara', but 'a bientot' xx

HotToTrot

Visit site
Nothing more to say than enjoy your next adventure xx

Thanks!

I have always enjoyed reading your reports. Your stories always epitomised what eventing was to me and how it does not get any easier.

Enjoy Tokyo - what an adventure! Sure you will find equine friends there and look forward to different stories.. oh and for the record? I do agree with your sentiments. Family and partnerships is about standing back sometimes and looking at the picture from everyone's perspective. Good luck with your new journey.

It is a tough sport! But it has been amazing.

Good luck with everything. Will miss your reports so much!

Thanks!

Good luck, thanks for brightening our lives with your brilliant writing.

Thank you for reading!

This has made me feel sad. Good luck - will miss your reports.

I feel sad, too...

A very moving piece, so well written. I too have slight eye leakage going on. I've loved reading your reports and following you on your mad cap adventures, with awe and laughter in equal measure. I do know where you're coming from with the other half. I have a fabulously supportive other half but horses and riding take up a huge amount of time and energy and it does mean compromises with other parts of your life.

I wish you every success and joy in the new life in Tokyo. I do wonder a little whether you will get drawn back into the equine world one way or another...

Glad you have enjoyed reading!

We will miss you!!! Send us reports from Tokyo!!

Ok - I am sure it will be equally bonkers.

I reckon that your OH must be an amazing guy. Horse riders have been dropped on their heads far too often to be considered rational. But your OH has been so proactive. I guess that he must be breathing a sigh of relief though. As a supporter ,I too know how we have to hide and subdue our anxietys for our riders. To undermine what we love about our friends by our own fears for them. I loved your post .

Yep. A story for another post, about how I don't really want my kids to event, and about how my husband thinks this is somewhat hypocritical!

Haven't been on here for ages, but heard the news on FB, Parrot is in good hands, good luck and I will miss your reports!

I know he is. I so want them to go well together.

Basically everything that everyone has already said. You're a wonderful inspiration and I will miss your eventing exploits immensely.

You will shine in Tokyo I'm sure. Please keep us updated with your life there.

Thank you, that is v kind!

HotToTrot

Visit site
Sayonara is not good; please let this be an au revoir rather than an adieu.

What a rollercoaster you have taken us on the past 3 years. Thank you for the beautifully written words, the many laughs and few tears.

Your boobs will be sorely missed. &#12364;&#12435;&#12400;&#12429;&#12358;

Haha! Apologies for depriving you of my boobs!

I will miss your reports, they always made me smile and I am in awe of everything you have achieved. Best of luck on your travels x

Thank you!

Please don't leave HHO! I love seeing a thread with your name under it pop up, because I know it will be brilliantly written and funny and witty. I hope you don't hang up your boots completely I'm sure there will be a horsey scene for you over there to enjoy. Sayonara HTT, and good luck :)

I am sure I can manage to bore you all with my tales from Tokyo.

Thank you, HTT, for sharing your adventures over the years. I wish you all the best in Tokyo.

Thanks!

Wow, Tokyo will be amazing! Maybe you can start a travel blog for us all to follow? I'm sure it will be a hit!!

Is the move for good? Are you leaving the neddies here?

It is for good. Ned Two rehomed already and Ned One will be with his new owner in a couple of weeks.

What everyone has said.

Your reports are always well written and a joy to read. Your time management and organisational skills still leave me in awe, and yes, you have inspired many of us.

Enjoy Tokyo, but please do keep in touch with HHO.

Than is very nice of you, thank you!

This 100%

Thank you for giving me amazing visuals with your writing.

I wish you all the luck in Tokyo.

Thanks!

God you write well, I've enjoyed every post. Will miss reading about your horsey adventures but all the very best for your new chapter.

I am sure it will be exciting!

HTT you have done such a fantastic job to get to Advanced level and I for one have enjoyed reading your reports every step of the way. May you treasure all those wonderful memories made here eventing to Tokyo. I understand the unspoken feelings you have, I have them too, but will ignore them for as long as I can. Hope we do hear from you soon to tell us all how you are getting on.

Thank you - but you too, with going three star, that is amazing!!

HotToTrot

Visit site
Speaking as someone who is far too scared to have more than one hoof off the ground at once I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your reports, always written with such good humour, especially when circumstances conspired against you! You made us all feel that there is hope that we can achieve some of our dreams and we all rode along with you. You have left some unforgettable images in our heads, not necessarily horse related :) I shall miss your brilliant writing and am another who hopes that you will keep in touch from Japan, maybe you could liven up the Soapbox section with Tales from Tokyo. I wish you and your family the very best of luck with this new adventure x

Ha - yes, apologies for some of the images.

What?! I was expecting to read another bloody fantastic insert... not that I ever comment because frankly I'm not good enough to... leaky boobs between dressage and SJ... :D:D honestly, I cried and would've written something but I couldn't see for hilarious tears.... then I was showing MY husband how it ought to be done!!! Good luck HTT... sayonara....

Sayonara!

Gosh. My eyes are leaking after reading that. In a good way though. I wish you all the very best in your new life in your new world.

I also looking forward to reading your first memoirs, or novel I'm not fussy :) Love your writing.

Thank you!

What a fantastic tribute to your OH, family and horses. All the very best with your next phase of your lives, but please don't let it be 'sayonara', but 'a bientot' xx

auf wiedersehen!

Good luck with your new adventure.

I have loved reading your blogs, and I hope you will blog about your experiences in Japan!

Thank you!

Here are some photos to see you off. Any takers for IT support?!

http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/V...97539913789982_n_zpseaenvdoo.jpg.html?filters[user]=136295434&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/V...36368039241063_n_zpsdnu1gosr.jpg.html?filters[user]=136295434&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/V...04207219816854_o_zpsou9h0ylg.jpg.html?filters[user]=136295434&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

ahml100

Visit site
Firstly, and foremost;

I, ahml100, admit in front of all of HHO, that HotToTrot, is the true dressage score master and I have failed to dislodge her and will except defeat.

Secondly, all the best of luck, I have loved reading your reports and they have kept me going when things go wrong for me. Hope Tokyo is a huge success and I will join the queue of people who hope that this is not the last we will here from you!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Here are some photos to see you off. Any takers for IT support?!

Here you go, typical self-effacing pics as ever
14355660_10153716426247470_846897539913789982_n_zpseaenvdoo.jpg

14492362_10154680295406495_3706336368039241063_n_zpsdnu1gosr.jpg

14560229_10153748398047470_1538604207219816854_o_zpsou9h0ylg.jpg

Orangehorse

Visit site
Well, have lots of fun with your new adventure. You may not give up for ever - when the children are bigger, when you feel like you have the time. Japan has horses!

I will really miss your reports. I thought "The First Time" was one of the best written things I have ever read. I wanted to put it in for a prize if I knew where to send it! It was hilarious and moving.

Will miss you.