HGV Class C Training

teamwrangler

New User
Visit site
Hi, I am based in the Cambridge area and am looking to gain my Class C licence. Can anyone recommend a good local(ish) company to use. Happy to travel about an hour or so.

Thank you

Arniebear

Visit site
Im based in cambridge and used a company called c-way very reasonably priced and the instructor was very good i passed mine first time!! :)

ROG

Visit site
Is it your intention to do just private driving or commercial as well?

Will you be driving anything over 7.5 tonnes GVW when you pass?

teamwrangler

New User
Visit site
I believe it will be commercial as my wife gets paid to ride some of the horses I will be transporting.

We want to transport up-to three horses at a time, therefore 7.5T boxes that have a good payload are hard to come by, especially as we need to have some living it in too. A 10T or 12T box would probably be best, unless we can find a very lightweight 7.5T box within budget.

ROG

Visit site
I believe it will be commercial as my wife gets paid to ride some of the horses I will be transporting.

We want to transport up-to three horses at a time, therefore 7.5T boxes that have a good payload are hard to come by, especially as we need to have some living it in too. A 10T or 12T box would probably be best, unless we can find a very lightweight 7.5T box within budget.
As it will be commercial you will need driver cpc - did you pass car test before 1997?

You will also be under full EU tacho regs - do you do another type of job mon to fri?

ROG

Visit site
Think you might need an operator licence as well as an operator cpc or someone who is willing to act as such but that's not my field of knowledge