HHO Good vibes please

moosea

Visit site
For my doggy Rocky.

He went to the vets today as he was panting a lot and it turns out he has a tumour.
They have removed it now but he is still being operated on and they have also found a smaller tumour on his liver which cannot be removed.

Please send some of your HHO good vibes his way. He's 10 years old and has been with me through all of my cancer treatment.

Thank you

moosea

Visit site
Thank you :)

I've just had the call to say he is out of surgery and has come around from the anaesthetic.

They removed a large tumour from his spleen and a portion of his liver which had growths on it. There is a little bleeding from the liver, seeping rather than pouring and they are hopeful that this will continue to clot, but he is awake and alive.

The vets have been brilliant so far, keeping me updated and working on him for over four hours on the operating table. There are two staff there tonight with him to monitor him. They are going to phone me if they need to overnight, otherwise it will be first thing in the morning.

Please keep your good vibes coming - Rocky needs all he can get.

Thought I'd tell you a bit more about him.... you don't have to read it but it'll make me feel better to type a little.

I got Rocky 5 years ago from the dogs trust. He was a long stay 'special' dog. The special parts being that he was massively food aggressive and had quite server hip dysplasia.(sp)

Within 6 months he was relaxed about food and was walking for an hour a day!
He has turned into a really loving dog.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Im so pleased he has come out of surgery alright and he improves, sounds like they are taking very special care of your boy.

His is a lovely story and he is a very lucky boy to have found you and you him.

Thank you for the update and loads more vibes for him and hugs for you.

moosea

Visit site
Just got the call from the vets ....

Rocky is up and about :D
He's been out for a little wander this morning and is turning his nose up at dog food ... the nurse was just cooking him chicken !!! :D:D:D

MurphysMinder

Visit site
That is great news, he sounds like a real character and that will help him in his recovery. He obviously has the nurses well trained to cater to his every whim, sending more vibes that he is soon back home with you.

moosea

Visit site
Went to visit him today. He was very doped up on painkillers but seemed happy to see us.
He is NOT impressed with hospital food and would not eat anything - we took him some of his fav food ( Applepaws ) and a few slices of hubbies best ham! He ate it all up and then desperately wanted to come home :(
I think the staff would like to see him go home too ... he has been voicing his concerns about the whole thing in lots of growls!! ( very typical of him, he's never bitten or even tried to bite and staff were pre warned that he growls about everything!!)
So he may be coming home tomorrow!! :D:D:D
I've spent today cleaning franticly and washing everything he has contact with to try to prevent any infection.

moosea

Visit site
Just to update

Firstly thanks to all who sent good vibes ... they obviously worked!

Rocky came home Tuesday, although uncomfortable and a little disorientated.

Each day he has got a little better :D
He's almost back to his old self today. He is due back at vets tomorrow for check up and to have bloods taken ..... muzzle required I think!

He has an incredible appetite, not surprising really ... the tumour they removed was 4kg! :eek::eek::(

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Thats good news you must be delighted though not as much as Rocky by the sound of it.:)

Good luck at his check up tomorrow, cant believe the size of that tumour that was terrible.