HHO Vibes Needed Please

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Almost exactly 2 years after the death of my mare my new mare has developed similar symptons..starting with a very high temperature and loss of appetite. This started yesterday and vet will be out again today but I'm having trouble not being pessimistic due to last experience. So please send a few positive vibes to central Scotland and my Friesian baby girl.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Lots of vibes coming your way. It's scary that the symptoms are the same but it could be something completely different or the new mare could have a completely different response to treatment. I hope your girl is feeling better very soon.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Much appreciated PapaverFollis..intellectually I know it must be something completely different but emotionally I'm doing all the same things as before...hey ho.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Temperature still above normal and eating is not quite right as hay was left and some breakfast but she was acting more like her usual self...which is exactly the pattern previously seen. She is out for a few hours this morning and then vet is back this afternoon and we ll try to come up with an explanation for such a high temperature but I'm expecting a referral to horspital sooner rather than later this time. In a previous life I must have been a horror!

Nasicus

Visit site
I've just read your previous thread, how awful that was for you MLC! Did you ever find out a name/cause of the issues with your previous mare?

If it's any comfort, the symptoms could be attributed to any number of issues, so I've got all my fingers crossed for you that it's something simple and easily sorted!

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Nasicus - intellectually I know there are loads of reasons why she could be presenting a fever but I just cant help comparing the situation and get a rising panic inside which I have to quosh down as I have to work and function outside my horsey world. Speaking of which Id better get back to.....

Thanks everyone for the vibes...keep em coming.

Nasicus

Visit site
Nasicus - intellectually I know there are loads of reasons why she could be presenting a fever but I just cant help comparing the situation and get a rising panic inside which I have to quosh down as I have to work and function outside my horsey world. Speaking of which Id better get back to.....

Thanks everyone for the vibes...keep em coming.

Oh yes, it's so easy to say it, but to be in that situation your mind runs away with you! Please keep us updated x