Hi just wondering here

Tinsel

Visit site
what age did you officially start competing or were you young when you started ? I started competing during my adult years

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I've done classes up to 90cm - mainly as part of eventing. I was a late starter but well and truly into competing now! Ive done some pure SJ classes but much prefer eventing to show-jumping.

silv

Visit site
In my very late 20's I wasn't fortunate enough to have my own horse until then.
Rode at a riding school from the age of 6 and during my teenage years was fortunate to be allowed to ride ponies owned by a local dealer.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i was 21, did everything with my 16.1 half tb including gymkhana games, :) would have loved to have had a pony when i was young but we only went on self catering holidays as my parents couldnt afford anything more so my poor mum never got a real relaxing holiday...so a pony for me was out of the question

Tinsel

Visit site
Thank you for the answers I am hoping to start competing my self again I have 18 rosettes my self and 2 best turned out ones how about you lot

Visit site
I have been in the show ring since before I can remember! 4? 5? Shown all my life with various animals from shetlands to ex--racehorses and back down again! I don't tend to jump, I've never been taught properly - I am more of a point, aim and hope for the best kind of person! I have far too many rosettes to be counting, I gave a load away the other year to the RDA and still have them gathering dust everywhere! I have loads of Best Turned Out rosettes from the races as well. I think my last tally was over 15 years 'my' racehorses have won 51 races and over £150k in prize money. Shame that's not in my pocket lol!

Snowfilly

Visit site
I was 7, as my mum flatly refused to take me competing while I was still on the lead rein as she hated running! Gymkhana and showing at a local show; I still enjoy gymkhana games when I can find open ones.

JFTDWS

Visit site
My first competition was also a donkey derby, whenI was 11. I did the odd competition as a teenager, but started more about 20/21ish when I got my own transport.

palterwell

Visit site
Donkey Derby when I was 11 at the village fete. I’m 58 and I’ve still got my Rosette! I rode the smallest donkey who thought he was a racehorse .