Hi-Viz again...spot the horse and rider...

Weezy

Visit site
DSC00276.jpg

True photo taken a couple of days ago after someone hacked past me - to those who say hi-viz doesn't make THAT much of a difference, please tell me you stand by that comment after seeing this photo!

_April_

Visit site
very silly, just imagine living with the guilt if fashion meant you hadn't worn it! There's no other reason not to...

Haflinger

Visit site
I can't see them either
blush.gif
I always wear some form of hi viz, and to see from the drivers point of view how much difference it makes..

kerilli

Visit site
you should show it to them.
i've thought for a long time that H&H should publish 2 photos, one like that, the other the same pic with hi-viz on. you can't blame the driver if there's an accident and he didn't see you till he was 20 feet away doing 60mph...

Patches

Visit site
I totally hear you Louise. So many people don't think it's necessary am truly believe that if drivers opened their eyes they'd be fine.

It's not worth the risk is it? I go out of my way to aid being seen that bit quicker. I value mine and Hannah's lives and that of our horses far too much to be pedantic over a £10 high viz tabbard.

Let's face it, I ride a "white" horse who is already more visible than a dark bay/black horse but I still wouldn't ride without my hat band, my new V Bandz "h" Harness and leg wraps.

Weezy

Visit site
I should add, the rider is 15 years old
frown.gif
Although this is a v quiet dead end lane, people do drive ridiculously fast down it at times. It was about 4.45 in the evening.

The horse and rider are at the top left of the lane - you can just about make them out if you look really REALLY hard.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
This is how we go out. I also have a fluorescent band on my hat a flashing light, plus a flashing tabbard and lights on my legs.
DSC00265.jpg

Not everyones fave colour, but who cares as long as we are seen.

_April_

Visit site
Why do people insist on looking 'cool'. I would much rather protect my horse (and me!).

We wear the following: Including what you can't see (A yellow tailguard and a yellow exercise sheet). I also want to get a flashing yellow strap to wear over my jacket as lights are something I don't have yet but I think they would be a good addition.
Yes we look like a multicoloured blob but at least we are safe.
PS Ignore the halo - it was xmas hehe

5667726a6527584345l.jpg

Hullabaloo

Visit site
The girl who sometimes rides my horse thinks I'm being fussy when I insist she wears hi-viz. She hates it as she thinks its so uncool. I think she will be taking a look at this!

Selkie

Visit site
I always wear hi-viz the first day I got my horse I went down the track so OH could watch out for me. She may be 16.2hh but we were not visiable so now everthing we have is hi-viz as nearly all the roads are single track round here

lillie

lilliedodger.proboards99.com
scroll down to the bottom to watch vids that show the different levels of hiviz & a comparison
v-bandz

[ QUOTE ]
The girl who sometimes rides my horse thinks I'm being fussy when I insist she wears hi-viz. She hates it as she thinks its so uncool. I think she will be taking a look at this!

[/ QUOTE ]

she has to understand that she is riding YOUR horse & she must do
(A) everything to protect YOUR horse
(B) everything you say RE: what she should wear e.g. hi-viz/body protector

last weekend i was invited out for an early evening hack with a teenager & her mum so we could trot on ahead (mum walked dog) i wore my jacket/hatband & linx wore his 'neckband' & ex.sheet - didnt have much time so just wacked those on . the girl wore a similiar mainly flourescent jacket & 2 girls on yard 1 i know quite well were chatting with her & said 'what a mean mum letting you go out looking like a banana'

it is not right for anyone to comment on you trying to keep yourself & horse safe on the roads. whenever i hack out (as i always say on these posts) i wear everything in these pics except the ex.sheet if its warm or windy (without rain) but im hoping to get a mesh 1 for the summer/when he's not clipped this year.

DSC02121.jpg

DSC02123.jpg

Weezy

Visit site
It wasn't dark S, it was perfectly acceptable, just going into dusk - had been a very clear, bright day....but as I have always said, it is the most dangerous time of the day because of the failing light - put it this way, no cars had their headlights on when I took this...

Pedantic

Visit site
Whats wrong with hacking out in the dark, as long as you can see where your going and have plenty of viz gear and flashing tabbard whats wrong with that ? his lordship has his headlight on so we can see where we are going plus people see us coming from a long way off
PosHeadlightcopy.jpg

tendon_boot

Visit site
that is shocking! Just 5 minuites more and a few pounds extra and you're adding to your life. I think its crazy people dont wear high viz especially on the little roads where there are dark shadows from over hanging trees. The people who "know" the roads and go super fast as no one will be there! Sorry for my rant

D

Donkeymad

Haha Pedantice. My first donkey came with the story that her last owner drove her to the pub every night. When he came out was usually dark so he would tie a torch to her headpiece.

Could just make out the horse in your phot Weezy. How damn stupid and irresponsible. Very common around here unfortunately (but not me)

Does anyone know where I can buy really tiny leg bands as donks have such thin legs - otherwise I will have to make some!

Pedantic

Visit site
The Robinsons flourescent small leg bands are small, I had to send them back and get the large ones and my beast is only 14.2, I sent them back complaining that they wouldn't fit a Budgies leg, never mind my ponys, I'm still waiting for them to get the large ones in as I need some new ones.

Nic

Visit site
I still can't see them!

I wear minimum a tabard & the boys nearly always wear a sheet.

If dull we also have a hat cover & flashing tabard.

D

Donkeymad

I bought some from them a few years ago and they are way too big! Maybe they are smaler now??

cobden99

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I bought some from them a few years ago and they are way too big! Maybe they are smaler now??

[/ QUOTE ]

Aldi used to sell armbands for cyclists/joggers that had flashing lights on - they can be quite good for smaller animals and they are only about £2.99
smile.gif