Hi Viz waterproof rugs

ann-jen

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good quality Hi Viz exercise sheet that is waterproof but suitable for using in the summer? All the waterproof ones I've found are generally fleece lined which will be too hot for use in the summer. I have a 'polite' one that I use at the minute, but with the horrible rain we've had recently it just soaks thru so am looking for something similar but waterproof and lightweight. Ideally a wrap around design but probably not essential.
TIA

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Are you sure it isn't moisture from the horse. I can't remember any day it's been cold enough to wear an exercise sheet in the rain this summer.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good quality Hi Viz exercise sheet that is waterproof but suitable for using in the summer? All the waterproof ones I've found are generally fleece lined which will be too hot for use in the summer. I have a 'polite' one that I use at the minute, but with the horrible rain we've had recently it just soaks thru so am looking for something similar but waterproof and lightweight. Ideally a wrap around design but probably not essential.
TIA

I have Equi-safety rugs

What about this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GEE-TAC-H...hash=item33b520249a:m:mH3iEbz7zAHuX_C7hLGazfw

ann-jen

Visit site
Haha it definitely isn't sweat from them being too hot, and I wouldn't hack on the roads without Hi-viz after having a horse hit by a car many years ago. The 'polite' one is a breathable mesh type material which is ideal for sunny days, but when its tipping down with rain its absolutely soaked by the time we get back.
That one on ebay looks ideal!! Thanks Iluvcowparsley! (my horses are cow parsley addicts!) I love that the description says (pouch for horse/rider tranquilisers hahaha!)

Griffin

Visit site
V-Bands do a variety of hi viz exercise sheets that are not fleece lined. Easy to take on and off too!

ann-jen

Visit site
Wow thanks everyone, there's loads more options out there than I thought. I'm not sure I could use the ones that attach behind the saddle to the girth straps as I have a monoflap saddle so would only be able to attach it at the bottom I think.... but certainly got a lot more to choose from than I thought :)

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I have two sheets depending on the time of year, I'd love to show you them both but I can't seem to copy the photobucket links anymore?

I have one shires sheet, which is fairly warm and another rug, which is like a fly sheet, without a neck, but its bright yellow with reflective strips on the back
https://www.facebook.com/9036840530...684053033678/1321247034610709/?type=3&theater

not sure if this link works?

ann-jen

Visit site
Yes thanks the link works perfectly :) I've looked at those also, do you find the bit that wraps around the front restrictive at all? There seems to be a few like that on the market and do see that it helps to make you more visible to on coming traffic, but worried it might rub???