Hickstead Dressage Masters

Booboos

Visit site
Does anyone know what this is, how you qualify for it and when it's on?

My latest dressage sheet has a sheet attached saying I have qualified for the Welsh Regional Finals of the Hickstead Dressage Masters, but I can't find any info online about it all (very little info on the Cricklands website where the Welsh RF is taking place).

Ideally I would like to know what I did to qualify, what I would need to do to qualify further, when the finals are held and whether people think it's worth the bother (the Welsh RF is quite far away for me).

Many thanks.

little_flea

Visit site
As bewildered as you Booboos! Their website doesn't show any valid information and nobody seems to know how it works... All I know is that there is a semi final at Wix (in essex) in June. How you qualify for that, I do not know. How you qualify for Hickstead, I don't know either. Is it a points league - ie do you carry points forward to the finals?

Bewildering.

Booboos

Visit site
LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is lost!

If Google can't tell you the answer it must mean it's really obscure! I'll try asking on the BD forum see if anyone there knows anything.

hellspells

Visit site
To qualify you would have got over 65% at prelim/novice/Elem or 63% at Medium/Advanced Medium.

The final is held during the C.D.I.O/C.D.I.Y 26th July to 1st August 2010 show.

Thats about as much as I know. But people who have gone have really really enjoyed it. Good luck if you do it

little_flea

Visit site
Hang on, you got a sheet saying you had qualified? Maggie has had none of that despite winning several Novices recently at centres advertising that the shows were Hickstead qualifiers? Or is it just from Elementary and upwards?

Booboos

Visit site
Hang on, you got a sheet saying you had qualified? Maggie has had none of that despite winning several Novices recently at centres advertising that the shows were Hickstead qualifiers? Or is it just from Elementary and upwards?

Yes, it was stapled to my sheet. It doesn't say much:

"Regional Finals 4th June 2010 for the Hickstead Dressage Masters. Congratulations You Have Qualified! Please send this sheet in with your entry to the show as proof of qualification. Signed by Show Centre. More information on www.cricklands.com"

Booboos

Visit site
To qualify you would have got over 65% at prelim/novice/Elem or 63% at Medium/Advanced Medium.

The final is held during the C.D.I.O/C.D.I.Y 26th July to 1st August 2010 show.

Thats about as much as I know. But people who have gone have really really enjoyed it. Good luck if you do it

Thanks! I might give it a go.

You wouldn't know how one qualifies from the Regional to the Final would you?

gummybear

Visit site
Go onto the dressage at hickstead website and speak to them directly. They are really helpful and will be able to point you in the right direction.

dressagecrazy

Visit site
Ok here's how it works, each region has a main venue where the regional finals will take place. This main venue is also a point collection place where you should send your points into.

Below is how my regional Venue for the NW is running -

Riders placed 1-10th at Prelim to PSG from 1st Jan to 31st May 2010 will be allocated points towards the semi-final. It is the rider’s responsibility to forward their certificate of qualifying points scored in the class. The top 30 combinations with the highest points total gained throughout the season in each class will qualify for the Dressage Masters North West Semi-Final. Riders may gain points at all shows running qualifiers at any of the invited centers in The North West listed below. The winning top 4 Combinations at each level from the semi finals will go on to the Championships at Hickstead.

You should collect points & then hopefully go through to regional finals not get an automatic pass to it.

dressagecrazy

Visit site
You do not have to gain any percentages just placings so even if you won the whole class (meaning both open & restricted) with 58% you would get 10 points.

You then forward the points certificate to your regional finals venue.

There is no open or restricted for the DMH both are merged so if you win the restricted section but are 2nd overall in the whole class meaning open & restricted then you would get 9 points.

hellspells

Visit site
This is how our region will deal with the semi finals and qualifications. But its most likely to be different as of where we are and how few people will do it.

Prelim 1st to 3rd with a result of 65% or over

Novice 1st to 3rd with a result of 65% or over

Elementary 1st to 3rd with a result of 65% or over

Medium 1st or 2nd with a result of 63% or over

Advanced Medium 1st or 2nd with a result of 63% or over

dressagecrazy

Visit site
Gosh this is rediculous isnt it:rolleyes:, so every region has it's own set of qualifying rules??:rolleyes:

Very unfair also if qualifying for DM semi finals is different in each region.

Im in a situation where i have qualified for BD regionals & cannot go H/C or Training in classes as i won't recieve my DM points as i in my area can only recieve points by properly competing.
So basically if i compete now i could potentially take someones BD summer qualification from them, which is un-fair. It's also very un-fair if others can gain direct qualification through the the DM semi finals depending on how there region run it.

Think im not bothering with this farse & DM can stick my points where the sun doesnt shine!!!!

Booboos

Visit site
Gosh sounds needlessly complicated! I don't think I can be bothered figuring all that out!

I find it so weird that at this day and age with the internet people rely on bits of paper! They could surely do the whole thing via the BD results database (and that goes for PetPlan qualifications too!).

I see what you mean dresagecrazy, it's not a very good way of doing it, is it?

dressagecrazy

Visit site
No it's not Booboo's, the more im hearing the less i want to take part as it doesnt seem fairly set up at all. It just sounds like one big joke tbh so far i only have 27 points so ive got no chance of getting through to the DM semi's.
Im not going to take other people chances of getting through to BD regionals off them.

hellspells

Visit site
I think the region I am in will be particularly different from others purely as there will be a maximum of 4/5 people per class (honestly) and equally there is only one show a month where you can qualify. But it does seem strange to be so different from others!

little_flea

Visit site
Meh! Even less clear now... Well, if Maggie hasn't qualified already maybe no point in bothering, her and my sis are like you Dressagecrazy in the position of having all their summer qualifications, so what's the point in doing those classes? Just end up collecting up so many BD points that you shoot yourself in the foot by being upgraded too quickly. It is suddenly evident why so many people are doing dressage to music - no BD points...

I am definitely sticking to showjumping. (Just wish I Maggie bl00dy well fancied doing it a bit more - but no, she is mostly delighted with her own medium trot these days and couldn't care less about those silly coloured poles.)

Booboos

Visit site
Some clarity on the Welsh qualification requirements:

to qualify for the Welsh Regional Finals on 4th June at the David Broome Event Centre you need 1 affilliated score sheet with the following percentages:

Prelim to Elementary over 62%
Medium to Advanced Medium over 60%

from venues that are running qualifiers (I have a list PM me if you want a copy)

At the Welsh Regionals the top 4 competitors in each class qualify for the final at Hickstead, there are no open/restricted sections.