Hickstead dressage masters

zizz

Visit site
Has anyone been before? I have qualified for two classes at the final and just trying to convince myself it is worth going! Just seems a lot of money if it is just like any other show, so looking for other peoples experiences please.

zizz

Visit site
Bump, would also welcome experiences of dressage at Hickstead full stop, are the arenas close to warm up, is the stabling permenant or temporary etc..

Many thanks :)

Eventer96

twitter.com
I haven't been to the Dressage masters, but I have competed there quite a bit. The arenas are lovely, the surface is the best I've ever ridden on. There are two warm up arenas that are very close to the main arenas, a big bushy hedge separates the two areas. It is quite a spooky place, with a grandstand on one side of the outdoor arenas.

Couldn't tell you about the stabling I'm afraid, as I'm very lucky to live just 45 mins away from Hickstead!

Worried1

Visit site
It's a great show with qualifiers being run on the same day as the semi final, warm up very close to main arenas. Stabling is temporary but very close to warm-up. Usually a few trade stands and a great championship atmosphere. We are there for the novice and advanced medium. Good luck

zizz

Visit site
Thank you for the replies. I would be doing the novice and the elementary. I think everyone goes in together instead of having restricted and open sections, is this right?! Probably won't stand a chance in that case!
Does anyone know what the catering is like, and is there somewhere to put up tents, or is it a case of going to premier inn?

_EVS_

Visit site
My friend has also qualified (at Medium) and we cant understand the schedule! It looks like she will be riding on the Tuesday - is that the actual final iteself or is that a qualifier for a final later in the week?

zizz

Visit site
The schedule on BD website is much clearer than the one on the hickstead website. The Dressage masters finals are all on the the Tuesday, except the AdvMed which is on the wednesday :)