Hickstead RIHS

dizzyarabs

New User
Visit site
Hi,

This is my first post...

I was wondering if anyone is going to the RIHS in the south. It's my first time going, as I usually go to Malvern and it's always on the same weekend.

But this year I won two free tickets in Local rider magazine, so I'm going to drag my boyfriend along with me. Was just wondering what to expect. A friend told me to wear boots coz it's in a field?

Rambo

Visit site
Welcome
smile.gif

We might go over for a day...need to get something out of the annual membership
tongue.gif

I'd recommend suncream, and sturdy footwear. It's not exactly in a field (well I guess it was a field once lol!), but if you are going to watch the outer rings, then it is spread out over a fairly large area. Keep your credit cards under lock and key too...the shopping village is rather tempting
tongue.gif

juliehannah58

Visit site
Hi and Welcome!

It's a great day out, I'm sure you'll love it!

As Rambo said, it's not really in a field as such, it's a massive place. But you do tend to do a bit of walking, going around all those shops and all, so comfy footwear is a must! Oh and there is hardly any shade so if it's boiling hot you'll want a hat
smile.gif

Have fun, I always go for at least one day, think i'm there Thursday this time. I have been known to spend a months wages in the trade stands, so don't bring your cards!
grin.gif
blush.gif

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
If you think it is hard work walking round to the rings etc, you want to try walking from the top of the horse box area to the rings!!!!!
Good footwear is a must, suncream is essential, loads of money is useful!

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If you think it is hard work walking round to the rings etc, you want to try walking from the top of the horse box area to the rings!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep ! Couldn't agree more
tongue.gif
I think we did the round trip about 20 times over 2 days at the Derby meeting....must have lost a stone in weight I reckon
blush.gif

teapot

Visit site
www.hickstead.co.uk

Hickstead as a spectator is pretty good (never ridden there myself). Quite a short flat walk from main carpark to the free seating/international arena

Trade stands go around the international arena.

Quite spread out once you start walking towards the outer rings. The outer rings are quite close to the new international warm up which is pretty good just to stand and watch.

madgirl

Visit site
teapot i cant manage to find the results from today and yesterday or the entries do you know how to get them?

dizzyarabs

New User
Visit site
I heard on the grape vine that Local rider magazine are having a win a thorowgood saddle competition on their stand and goody bags, so I wont need too much money! I might win a saddle fingers crossed, LOL.

From the sound of it I think I need to get a camera & lots of film. I've just been on their website and they are doing Mountain & Moorlands on Friday. I love welshies I hope they have loads of Section A's there.

see you there!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
The M&Ms are usually on the River Lawn which is almost impossible to find unless you know it is there. If you go towards the horses boxes, then, before going over the bridge you turn right, you can get to it that way. Spectators need to go along the left hand edge of the main arena then turn down a short slope to find the River Lawn.

JessPickle

Visit site
Hello

I am going as well, its really great lots of stalls and some great riding, the whole boot thing wear trainers then if you want to go to the outerv rings you will sometimes need boots (but if it stays dry you wont) what day are you going?

xjessx

seaview

Visit site
I am going too flying into Gatwick at 8.35 then getting Taxi apparently thats the best option (or only one LOL)
Cannot wait, must actually get stuff sorted now HA!
x