Hidalgo treeless saddles???

Billyboo

Visit site
Hi, sorry for the boring question but I am looking into buying a hidalgo dressage saddle. Does anyone have any experience with hidalgo saddles in general? Any other treeless dressage saddles out their that look good enough to show in? Thanks x

Theobroma

New User
Visit site
Hi, sorry for the boring question but I am looking into buying a hidalgo dressage saddle. Does anyone have any experience with hidalgo saddles in general? Any other treeless dressage saddles out their that look good enough to show in? Thanks x

Hi there.
It will be too late now but maybe other riders are also interested. I have two Hidalgo saddles and I am happy to answer questions about the saddle system.
By the way - it is not treeless. ;)

Last edited:

NinaLupina

Visit site
Hi there.
It will be too late now but maybe other riders are also interested. I have two Hidalgo saddles and I am happy to answer questions about the saddle system.
By the way - it is not treeless. ;)

Hello - apologies for picking up an old post, but you are potentially able to answer a few questions regarding Hidalgo saddles! I have stumbled across them yesterday, and was wondering what to make of them - they almost sound too good to be true which always makes me cautious straight away! How adjustable are they really? Something that could be put on a youngster and that really continues to fit them (obviously with adjustments and saddler's advice as and when needed)? What is the quality/durability/comfort like? Who did you use to get your saddles fitted? Many thanks!

Theobroma

New User
Visit site
Hi,
they are very adjustable which makes them perfect for my old boy. Depending on my time commitments and weather he is in and out of work all the time. Building muscles up, loosing them, gaining weight, loosing it again. He has a difficult back line with a small wither, round rips and croup high. Usually all saddles I tried before were sliding to the side and frontwards. With his Hidalgo dressage saddle he is happy and his back looks great. I use a numnah with pockets to adapt the saddle to his muscular condition. You can learn to do this on your own when the saddle has been fitted in principle.
I also backed my young gelding with a GP saddle from Hidalgo. The saddle adapts itself with his development.
So yes, it works.

Quality and comfort are also very good. I cant sit on a traditional saddle anymore - not comfy enough. :D

The riding is a little bit different. The leather tree allows more movement from the horse to the rider and backwards. That allows a more direct way of riding and aids but it also shows you all your mistakes. For example it does not hide the natural asymmetry of horse and rider. That forces the rider to improve his riding. Not all riders like that.

NinaLupina

Visit site
Wow - thank you. That DOES really sound good. I have not yet heard or seen anything negatively about them. Many thanks!!!

Hi,
they are very adjustable which makes them perfect for my old boy. Depending on my time commitments and weather he is in and out of work all the time. Building muscles up, loosing them, gaining weight, loosing it again. He has a difficult back line with a small wither, round rips and croup high. Usually all saddles I tried before were sliding to the side and frontwards. With his Hidalgo dressage saddle he is happy and his back looks great. I use a numnah with pockets to adapt the saddle to his muscular condition. You can learn to do this on your own when the saddle has been fitted in principle.
I also backed my young gelding with a GP saddle from Hidalgo. The saddle adapts itself with his development.
So yes, it works.

Quality and comfort are also very good. I cant sit on a traditional saddle anymore - not comfy enough. :D

The riding is a little bit different. The leather tree allows more movement from the horse to the rider and backwards. That allows a more direct way of riding and aids but it also shows you all your mistakes. For example it does not hide the natural asymmetry of horse and rider. That forces the rider to improve his riding. Not all riders like that.