High-vis

Clofox

Visit site
HI all,
With the nights drawing In I need to buy some hi-vis gear.
I only go hacking through woods sometimes only shorts ones 20mins sometimes 2hours, just so we can be seen really by others happy hackers, dog walkers, runners, cyclist and all the rest. she has a exercise sheet which is my Xmas prezzie so currently don't have it which is blue with reflective strips on it but nothing for now, I was wondering what you would recommend to get, whether it be leg wraps or whatever really or just to see what everybody else's has!
Thank you!

Supertrooper

Visit site
I've got about four hi viz tabards but the one I use most is the equisafety polite tabard with the polite headband on hat and then just brought a polite martingale thing, these coupled with having a big black shire x certainly helps to slow motorists down!!

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Here is a picture of my late mare in her hi-viz sheet
SEREN26THAUG2008007.jpg

I always wear a hi viz coat or tabard, depending on the time of year.
I always like to be seen and I want the horse I am riding to be seen too :)

I was going to get one of those hi viz tail guard things, will get one at some point when I get another.

**Vanner**

Visit site
My boy has a reflective sheet and a breast plate and I have a waistcoat or jacket depending on weather.

I love the v-bandz stuff. They make a range like the polite but without the lettering.

caterpillar

Visit site
Has the blue rug been bought yet? If it hasn't buy a proper hi viz rug instead, the tiny little reflective strips are rubbish, you need a full on yellow/orange/pink rug to be seen properly.

Britestar

Visit site
Can't beat the POLITE ones. Other day guy passed me at the bottom of my driveway, just as I was going out. Goes up to see OH and say 'oh I didn't realise they had mounted police up here!' :) He didn't correct him ha ha!

Supertrooper

Visit site
Twice we've had people stop behind us, turn round and go back the other way!!!!!! And we're in the middle of the countryside xx

AFlapjack

Visit site
My new hi-viz exercise sheet pictured below.

Also he wears his pink reflective boots behind, I wear a yellow tabard/gilet thing
and we also have a couple of yellow bridle pieces but I've 'misplaced' them :rolleyes:

I think it's best to have a variety of colours (eg, we wear orange, pink & yellow).

295796_10150448762743373_633513372_10366590_1586894514_n.jpg

318398_10150448764353373_633513372_10366591_588749503_n.jpg

unbalanced

Visit site
Even funnier is that one is a 13.2hh orange and white cob, the other a small skinny skewbald TB!
I was riding down the high street fully decked out in my polite on my 14hh black pony in western tack and jeans (but polite coat not tabard) and two ladies came up to me to report a stolen credit card! Sadly I had to confess to not being the real police...

starryeyed

Visit site
I'd suggest getting either a tabard or a hi-viz coat, I have both and wear the tabard on nicer days and the coat on rainy ones!
The v-bandz leg wraps are really good too, I have one set in pink & one in yellow - yellow is brighter but both are good, they're really tough & last ages too - I'm still on my first pairs of both and use them all year round, they still look new.
The hi-viz martingales / neck bands are good too!
I'm after a hi-viz exercise sheet, fingers crossed I'll find one at your horse live tomorrow :) !

oscardobbin

New User
Visit site
My boy has a reflective sheet and a breast plate and I have a waistcoat or jacket depending on weather.

I love the v-bandz stuff. They make a range like the polite but without the lettering.

the V-bandz range is a cheap copy of the Equisafety range, who wants to wear a copy and they havn't had it officially passed, so I wouldnt go there.
The POLITE range is the original and best
www.equisafety.com

Capriole

Visit site
really? But surely VBandz have been around for years, Ive only relatively recently heard of equisafety and the new polite range :confused:

Herts05

Visit site
Does anyone know if the fleece hi viz exercise sheets are still available? I can't remember who makes them, but suspect someone on here will.

MissChaos

Visit site
the V-bandz range is a cheap copy of the Equisafety range, who wants to wear a copy and they havn't had it officially passed, so I wouldnt go there.
The POLITE range is the original and best
www.equisafety.com

Friendly warning, oscardobbin - I know you've said you're not part of Equisafety (...?) but looking at your post history so far, I'd watch it / start posting on other topics as well...

Last edited:

Dexydoodle

Visit site
I've got a tabard and leg bands and hat band but am after an exercise sheet for my girl. Would prefer a mesh type one as she has a thick coat and even when clipped tends to sweat up so don't really need anything to keep her warm. Any suggestions? (sorry to hijack!)

Polo*Pony

Visit site
I have a V-Bandz tabbard which holds my phone etc. and I really like the fact it fits over strap top in summer and great big winter coat at the moment. Also have a breastplate and boots for my girl. One of the ladies on our yard has a bright pink flyveil for her horse! Love it.

Also toying with buying a POLITE coat at the moment - I've wanted a yellow one for ages, but that's £70 and the pink one is only £40 (for today and tomorrow only!!).

http://www.equisafety.com/polite/polite-aspey-jacket-1

Edited to say: I'm not advertising Equisafety here; will remove link/comment if it's breaking any rules. It's okay to post links to stuff you've bought/might buy though, right? People seem to do it fairly often.

Last edited:

Polo*Pony

Visit site
Im not sure the pink one works for me, with the POLITE on the back.

I mean, whos it going to fool? :D

Completely agree! That's why I've been after the yellow one for so long, even though the pink's on offer! Still, if you were just after some hi-viz and not too bothered by colour it'd be alright.

Capriole

Visit site
yeah, I wanted the yellow aspay polite too, but got the £25 Blaithwaite at weekend.

I *might* just get this as well, purely as a warm hi viz jacket at a good price, but I think the point of having the Polite wording on the yellow is that it resembles a police jacket, so I dont know why they thought one in pink would work.