Higham Point to Point - anyone attend/visit

Overread

www.flickr.com
Just a quick question as the option of attending this has come up and as I only found out this evening its a bit late to go trying to find an organiser to send emails too. So I was wondering if anyone knows the course well and how accessible it is as a viewer and if they allow photography at the event (not seeking to sell just hobby).

I've tried to find a website, though seem to get deflected mostly into the myriad of event tracking sites rather than any official site (closest I got to that was one for the local hunt).

cundlegreen

Visit site
Higham is always used by various hunts for their PTP's. I think you'd have to contact each hunt for permission. I believe the landowner is James Buckle, but suspect that permission for official photography would have to be obtained well before the PTP. Just seen that you are a hobby photographer, so can't see that would be any problem. You'd have to go onto the middle of the course to get close to the only open ditch, and there is a wood behind that might cause problems with your light. Nice flat course though.

Overread

www.flickr.com
Thanks CG - yep certainly not looking to every try professional work. An open course at least makes it easier to spot things so hopefully the light will be decent tomorrow. At least it won't be a huge maze of a slog to get around like Poplar Park (even though I missed their first event this year - fingers crossed I can make it to the second)

cundlegreen

Visit site
Thanks CG - yep certainly not looking to every try professional work. An open course at least makes it easier to spot things so hopefully the light will be decent tomorrow. At least it won't be a huge maze of a slog to get around like Poplar Park (even though I missed their first event this year - fingers crossed I can make it to the second)

Hope you got some good shots. the light was good today as well.