Highclere Faller

elliebean

Visit site
Heard through a friend that someone had a bad fal in Highclere Intermediate on Monday and is critical in hospital. Does anyone know who it was? Fingers crossed for a swift recovery and pray that the sport doesnt have a tragedy as seen at Brockenhurst

Bossanova

Visit site
there's nothing on the BE site and theyre usually pretty good with things like that.
Really hope they are ok, too many people have lost their lives to this sport

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
The faller was Daisy Binding. She fell at the bounce and they stopped the course for an forty five minutes while she was treated and flown to hospital in Oxford. It sounded nasty although at the prize giving they said that she was making good progress and should be ok.

vic07

Visit site
there always seem to be nasty falls at highclere. makes me feel ill. it the horrible side to the sport we love. Hope she is better soon.

seabiscuit

Visit site
Poor girl I do hope she is OK- sounds really nasty.Hope she is better soon!That bounce sounds nasty!

I had a very nasty fall at highclere on that big brush coming out of the water? Was unable to move and was winded- but no-one came to check that I was ok for about 10 mins!Ambulance man was the first person to say hello.Thought that was very odd!Maybe it is a policy for fallers that fence judges arent allowed to check people are ok- ??

lizzie_liz

Visit site
Whenever we have fenced judged we have always been told to go to the rider and check if they are ok but to not attempt any first aid. We all have radios well the odd fence won't which are those near commentators box and we just radio to control what service we need.

I am surprised the fence judge never said anything to you when you fell, we always do to when we have had a faller.

Bossanova

Visit site
Both were a fair width too and in order to get a correct bounce distance, you had to come up and jump from right to left on an angle. Whil;st I was walking there wewre a couple of top riders in front of me discussing it and they were saying it was out of context for an int.

Int1617.jpg

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I see DB at quite a lot of stuff - she really is building up her string of horses. Hope she is ok.

Acolyte

Visit site
Nope thats def not the policy - although I guess if you are not 1st aid trained then you might be nervous about approaching someone who has fallen. OH and I have it all sussed - I deal with the horse, he deals with the rider - works really well