Highland calf

Moobli

Visit site
Fingers well and truly crossed that it will be three times lucky for our lovely Ruby, as we try A.I. again.

2j4u8bc.jpg

Clodagh

Visit site
Gorgeous photo. Bizarrely, living in Essex, we have a herd of Highlands just down the road and one has just calved. OMG it is like a toy!

Moobli

Visit site
Thanks both. We have a Highland fold up at the Shooting Lodge but Ruby was hand-reared by us and lives with my Herdwick sheep and ponies in the fields by my cottage. She was raised with two pet lambs, one of whom died early on but the other lived and they were inseparable for three years. Sadly Nibbles (as my son called her) was found dead one morning with Ruby standing over her body, grieving for her. It was actually heartbreaking to watch. Since then we have tried to get Ruby in calf as I am sure she would be happier with a friend of her own species, especially a daughter. So, fingers well and truly crossed.

Moobli

Visit site
Thanks everyone. I will be sure to let you know if it works and post copious calf piccies!

Regarding using AI, it is to do with TB testing and the red tape surrounding cattle movements. We are a low risk closed herd so introducing new animals or movement of ours just causes a headache and lots of paperwork.