Hilariously trip to hospital

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Oh dear I seem to have fractured my ankle, very much silly me, I was too lazy to change in to my proper boots and stood on a loose stone and went splat. I thought I'd got away with it , got up , did Kevin's leg and drove home. This morning I was unable to walk on my leg. No real pain, it just would not work correctly.......off to A&E for x rays.

Several hours later I was seen by a rather handsome nurse practitioner who was accompanied by a trainee nurse. After asking me a couple of questions which I responded too in a typical horse owner way ( yes I do need to be able to walk to feed the horses) he turned to the trainee and explained that all horse owners and self employed people were the same. You had to watch them because all they were interested in was getting on with things and they were not going to make a fuss about anything, even their arm hanging off !!

Oops I think he has most of us pegged !!

He then looked at my X-ray which clearly showed my fracture and then pointed out an old injury " what's this on your navicular bone he said?"

I'm afraid I puzzled them by finding this hilarious..........

I have navicular!! :D

I'm pretty sure my ankle will heal quickly but my horses get a couple of weeks off , although I could ride without stirrups! ;)

McFluff

Visit site
Ouch. Wishing you a speedy recovery. And all rather correct observations from the nurse - horse owners do just get on with it, even if not wise to do so...

Mule

Visit site
I have navicular!! :D
You'll have to decide whether to use special shoes or go barefoot :D

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Well that's no good, barefoot is clearly the way forwards :p.

Suki did the nurse say to the trainee that they tend to add more plaster to horse and self employed people just to make them stop doing things they shouldn't :D

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
But it will do your seat no end of good to ride with no stirrups for a while, didn't you explain to the nurse!?!?

Hope it heals soon.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
you forgot the coconut oil, you cannot forget the coconut oil

(and the sudocreme, and a bit of aloe vera for good measure).

Lintel

Visit site
Haha I work in a&e and if it's a horsey person or a farmer and they come in... You know it's not great! I always tell them you should not ride with your cast.... But you can hehehe!

alainax

Visit site
lol! Speedy recovery op!

I'm doing some anti natal classes currently, 35 weeks pregnant. They advised to have an afternoon nap, to which I asked if that is during work or after at the yard? I got that look :p

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
he turned to the trainee and explained that all horse owners and self employed people were the same. You had to watch them because all they were interested in was getting on with things and they were not going to make a fuss about anything, even their arm hanging off !!

Oops I think he has most of us pegged !!

Oh lord, so true! It's fine, I can run up the lane.....Medical people roll their eyes at horse owners: they know the whole 'rest ' thing won't be adhered to.

I hope you hel super fast and you have help for the ponies. Have you got good meds? Poor girl!