Hiltop XC in Ledbury

naza

Visit site
Hello, there doesnt seem to much on Hiltop so wanted peoples view on the place and what the XC course/ground/jumps are like?

IncaCola

Visit site
Have to agree a bit with Beano. Mostly older style fences and not a huge variety or many combinations quite alot of it is on sloping ground. I was teaching and there wasnt really a good schooling area i could string courses together. Reasonable grass cover but no all weather take offs/landings and definitely does get quite hard. 2 big water complexes. Most fences BE80 to 100 with some novice height but nothing bigger. Ok for a play around rather than serious schooling session. For me i would prefer to travel further to Lyneham or Boomerang to get the variety and combinations

Kokopelli

Visit site
It's not awful just needs some updating. It's safe though (all portables fixed and frangible pins where needed) and good for a young horses first outing but I'd imagine a more advanced horse would get bored quickly :)

MillbrookSong

heartbuster.blogspot.com
Agree with above but if your local ish go to Lincomb - just come back from my first visit there and have to say it would be equally as good if not better than boomerang. 3 waters complexes, lots of ditches, a good variety of fences and all portables were pinned, good take offs and landings, very well presented and lots of work to constantly update (they were building when we were there) and we were the only ones on course!! :)

Last edited:

Bills

Visit site
I agree with above and Lincomb is a far better course with lots of variety.
Hill tops lorry park is a right old trek from the course too!!

Law

Visit site
I really like Hilltop apart from it being a very very long drive for us to get there. The course is lovely for schooling with plenty options but i guess it makes a difference that there is virtually nothing for us to use locally. We've one fantastic course round here which is relatively new and extremely professionally built with new fences added each year. Then we've one other course that is older, fewer options, fewer fields etc. and it has limited schooling availability. Hilltop is a great place for variety and it's spread over a good number of fields. I'd happily take either of mine over there knowing that there's plenty of fences that they'd like for confidence giving. :) they are both green/novices.