Hints Quarry - Lichfield

AFB

Does anybody have any info. on riding here? I.e. where to park/go/is it signed etc?

It's near enough for me to nip up and have a nosey in the car one day before taking horses but obviously not whilst we're in lockdown. Just pre-planning for a bit of freedom!

AFB

Yes definitely, apparently there are tracks that can be ridden at ay time though. I've seen a recommendation to go when the quarry is closed (Saturday afternoon/Sunday) as parking is easier but that's as much as I know really - hence trying to find out a bit more info before braving it

Frumpoon

With all the machinery and piles of earth etc a quarry is a pretty spooky place to ride through...I can't imagine it being a restful experience

There's a bridleway that leads to open fields and woodland in Weeford or if you could travel a bit further there's Sutton Park or Cannock Chase

Of all the options on offer I don't know if I'd choose a quarry

Melody Grey

Be careful about blasting Op if the quarry is still in operation? There is one local to me here in south Leics- it’s noisy, but they are restricted to certain times each day and have to display them to the public.