hints/ tips jumping???

Pancakes

Visit site
i have recently started having jumping lessons again as i know this isn't my strong point in my riding and because it is at college i regularly have different instructors and they all say the same thing of i have no lower leg when jumping but they never say how i can improve this or keep it more stable??
confused.gif

so all you crazy jumping folk out there i really need help to improve it as its starting to get me down a little as this is all i ever get commented on
frown.gif

KatB

Visit site
Have you tried wacking your stirrups up a few holes? Also practise riding with very short stirrups on the flat, and take your knee away from the saddle and put your lower leg around the horse, this makes you drop your weight into your lower leg
smile.gif

clockwork

Visit site
I find that lots of practise standing out of the stirups helps (walk to canter to walk transitions are great) - once the weight has dropped into the lower leg its easier to wrap your legs round your horse which (a) helps keep impulsion (b) keeps your lower leg secure over and after the jump.

MagicMelon

Visit site
You can get those straps which basically loosely strap the irons near the girth. They can help train your leg to stay put. You can jump in them etc. if you want, they're on velcro so would come away if need be.