Hip pain when riding - solutions?

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
A narrow twist is SO subjective and isn't actually the solution for everyone with hip pain, it also won't always "sit" well across the back of a wider horse, leading to upper inner thigh being unsupported which means riders tipping and/or legs in the wrong place, or gripping. Saddle fit for rider is complex and subtle. I agree that, on the whole, a narrower ribcaged horse, and a shorter stirrup, will help many hip pain sufferers.

paddy555

Visit site
You need hip replacements .
you may be correct but if the doctor won't even put someone on the waiting list what are they supposed to do? I think from our regional news those already high up on the list are going to be waiting very many more months so not much chance for someone who is not even on the list.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
you may be correct but if the doctor won't even put someone on the waiting list what are they supposed to do? I think from our regional news those already high up on the list are going to be waiting very many more months so not much chance for someone who is not even on the list.

just realised this is a zombie thread from 2015 so i would imagine things could have been sorted out by now..

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Unfortunately if you go the NHS route for physio you'll be in your box before you even get anywhere near anyone's waiting list; and then all that will happen is that you'll be given a list of exercises to go do at home

You can now self refer direct to a local physio for 6 free sessions.

The answer for me is narrower horses, walking and pilates.

ozpoz

Visit site
It was interesting to re read. Truenorth I will pm you. Paddy 555, Do you have any pics of your Peruvian? I’m sure I can’t be the only person who would love to see you in full kit!