Hird and Partners in Halifax. Has anyone left their horse there

TopTotty

Visit site
Hi,

My horse has just been referred to Hird and Partners in Halifax for a stifle problem and possible surgery. Has anyone else had any experience with them or been there or left their horse there?

I am waiting on a date and I feel sick at the thought of leaving her :(

TIA

Dazed'n'confused

Visit site
Hi, not much help I'm afraid as I've never personally had to leave a horse there but a friend of mine has & she was fine! They have a great reputation so try not to worry! (Easier said than done, I know!) :)

ollierdog

Visit site
Hi I use them as my regular vets, clinically they are extremely good and get to the bottom of things very quickly, the horse care is excellent and would have no worries about leaving horses there. There only downside is an extreme lack of communication and seem to need nagging on that front!!

DD265

Visit site
I did and my experience was not a positive one unfortunately. However many friends have had horses go before and after I did, and have been happy with the service/level of care provided.

TopTotty

Visit site
I did and my experience was not a positive one unfortunately. However many friends have had horses go before and after I did, and have been happy with the service/level of care provided.

Oh no :( Was it about the horse or the customer service? We are booked in for Wednesday now.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I don't use them myself but we took a neighbour's pony to them for follow up work after she had spent a week there. The owner was quite happy with the treatment and tbf they were extremely good about charges as her insurance was up to the limit and they wanted to see the pony for their own interest.

Boulty

Visit site
No personal experience as I don't use them but what I hear secondhand is that their care of the horses is very good but I have heard comments from people about them not being kept as up to date as they'd like regarding the bill (ie informing them when insurance limit was nearing) and precisely which procedures are planned to be done / have been done and also have known people have to chase them for general updates on how the horse is doing.

Izzwizz

Visit site
My horse has been there on more than 1 occasion and as above, the care and expertise of the staff and Vets is second to none. Peter Scholefield, who is the top main Vet there, is excellent and very professional. He dealt with my mare on 2 occasions and was spot on with his diagnosis and treatment. Would agree that the update and communication could do with improvement, but then they are very busy and emergencies are dealt with there. Nevertheless, they ought to take on more Admin/Reception staff if they struggle to keep in touch with Owners.

Your horse will be absolutely fine there.