his confirmation...?

worMy

www.katherinebegley.com
just think it would be inetresting to see what you think of his confirmation (as an eventer) he is on a v slight downhill slope btw.

IMG_1056.jpg

i would say:

bad: straight back legs and is a rather downhill looking horse with high croup etc
good: nice sloping shoulder, short strong cannon bones

just curious,
thanks

saddle

www.dragonflysaddlery.co.uk
I think looks a good "butty" type, a tad short in the neck maybe? I just like a bit more length, other than that would say an allround pretty good type, looks as if he would be clever & athletic.
Delicious!

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
just think it would be inetresting to see what you think of his confirmation (as an eventer)

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realise the Church were intiating horses now, especially for specific disciplines!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

I would say,

- Very straight in the back leg, hardly any hock angle, with his hocks rather camped under him (could be the way he is stood), very long back leg when compared with the front.

-Slightly short in the neck, but well set on.

-He has a nice front leg, good length cannons and pastern angle.

Lovely head
grin.gif
Nice compact looking animal.

But I am rubbish at this sort of thing!
blush.gif

I really like him, despite his flaws
tongue.gif
He is my stamp of horse, and he clearly does his job!

worMy

www.katherinebegley.com
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just think it would be inetresting to see what you think of his confirmation (as an eventer)

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realise the Church were intiating horses now, especially for specific disciplines!
wink.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

I would say,

- Very straight in the back leg, hardly any hock angle, with his hocks rather camped under him (could be the way he is stood), very long back leg when compared with the front.

-Slightly short in the neck, but well set on.

-He has a nice front leg, good length cannons and pastern angle.

Lovely head
grin.gif
Nice compact looking animal.

But I am rubbish at this sort of thing!
blush.gif

I really like him, despite his flaws
tongue.gif
He is my stamp of horse, and he clearly does his job!

[/ QUOTE ]

blush.gif
blush.gif
opps at my spelling!!!! hahah

and yeh,,agree with you about all that ^^
and i like him, despite his flaws which make dressage,,ahem,,interesting!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
He's very straight in his hind leg - which may well limit how far he can go (you'll tell me he's advanced now
tongue.gif
), and could result in some sacroiliac problems in the future.

His front end is great - and I love a short coupled, compact horse. He has nice front limbs, and a lovely shoulder.

He looks as if he'd be as nible as a cat.

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
I actually wouldn't say he is croup high, especially given he is stood on a slight downhill slope.

If you line the top of his withers and his croup up with the top of the page, they are pretty spot on level. I think it's his very long back leg which makes him look that way, and probably why he find dressage so hard, but gallop XC easy!

I think (although I am willing to be proven wrong) there was a school of thought that a straighter hind leg would give a better propulsion, so coupled with his long back leg, I would wager he has a heck of a gallop on him.

worMy

www.katherinebegley.com
[ QUOTE ]
He's very straight in his hind leg - which may well limit how far he can go (you'll tell me he's advanced now
tongue.gif
), and could result in some sacroiliac problems in the future.

His front end is great - and I love a short coupled, compact horse. He has nice front limbs, and a lovely shoulder.

He looks as if he'd be as nible as a cat.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, hes novice at moment,
cud go Int/2* easyyyy
and is imcreadibly scopy.....
but we will see

haha
nimble as a cat....hmm,,,,kinda, he is very clever and can jump from nothing and very awkward positions,,,but he is a very big long horse to ride....and turn... hehe

worMy

www.katherinebegley.com
[ QUOTE ]
I actually wouldn't say he is croup high, especially given he is stood on a slight downhill slope.

If you line the top of his withers and his croup up with the top of the page, they are pretty spot on level. I think it's his very long back leg which makes him look that way, and probably why he find dressage so hard, but gallop XC easy!

I think (although I am willing to be proven wrong) there was a school of thought that a straighter hind leg would give a better propulsion, so coupled with his long back leg, I would wager he has a heck of a gallop on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has a massive stride, so lopes along xc, but he doesnt (at moment) realise he can move his legs quicker! so i want to take him to some gallops or something to teach him to go faster, not just longer stride! hehe

but at times when he has realised like on a hack/steeplchase,,,,WOW,,yes heck of a gallop!!!!!
and at aldon steeplechase was 620mpm which he did with 4 seconds to spare
wink.gif

druid

Visit site
Overall type and gender – v. smart, has presence, and looks masculine. Slightly downhill.
Head – elegant, possibly slightly small eyes, good broad forehead
Neck – slightly thick through jowl, good overall shape, comes out of withers nicely though could possibly have more length of rein
Shoulder – Good slope, looks like he’ll cover ground, wither well defined.
Body - Good depth of barrel, lightly run up to waist, slightly long loin- last rib, lacking in depth to quarters
Forelegs – Good pastern angle and straight limbs.
Hindlegs – Probably his weakest point, post legged, weak through gakin-second thigh, stands under himself, possibly a little cow hocked? (hard to tell from pic)

(I might be a little over critical a I've been at Young breeder training all day scoring conformation!! Please don't take offence)