Hit Air or Point Two?

Tern

Visit site
Wanting to buy my mum an air jacket - she is a fairly experienced rider however she is getting older and she's riding a rather large 16.2 clyde when she's been riding a little 13.3 for the past 6 or so years. :) I think that getting her an air jacket may help and give her the confidence to give him a canter etc as she is terrified of falling off and breaking something with means day-to-day life will be disrupted!

Anyway. Hit Air or Point Two? Hit Air seem to be cheaper however at 5"2 ish (She likes to say 5"4 :D) I'm wondering if she'd fit in a junior one? I have the hope of stealing it from time to time either way. :p

Illusion100

Visit site
Hit Air! :)

I have a size small, (I think?!), jacket is at yard so can't check! I'm about 5'3'' and a size 6 and it fits me well with enough room to adjust to fit over BP and snug enough without.

I really think the Hit Air is the best on the market for overall protection, plus outward expansion when set off, so no winding from it.

Last edited:

dappyness

Visit site
I bought the Hit Air as I wanted a jacket that inflated outwards rather than inwards. You have to ensure the Point Two jacket has been adjusted to what you are wearing every time you ride as it can cause you to become winded if it's too snug.
I have had a fall in my jacket and I was really impressed that my head and neck were supported so well that my head didnt touch the floor.

asmp

Visit site
We tried a Hit Air and a Point Two on my daughter who is about 5' 1". We went for the HitAir as it folds up at the back, which is better if you're short. I tried them both on and found the hit Air was more comfortable around the neck too. I would definitely recommend going to a shop where you can try both on for preference plus in a range of sizes. Daughter has big boobs and needed a bigger size than we thought she would. Also a good shop will let one 'explode' on you so you know what to expect.

dixie

Visit site
Was looking at Helites just an hour ago actually. I think I may go for one of them if you guys think they are just as good?

Really rate the Helite. I sold my Point 2 to buy it and find it much more comfortable and stylish. I have the black jacket and blue gilet which are inter changeable with the liner.

Llee94

Visit site
I have a point two are really rate it. Think it is all down to personal preference. When I got mine, I don't think Hit Air came in any other colour than black and I wanted a coloured one so went for point two. I prefer how they look when on as well.
When I first put it on I do find it feels a little lopsided due to the canister, but once I start riding I don't notice it at all. They only annoying thing is the velcro around the collar on mine is constantly catching in my hairnets and ripping them to shreds.
Apart from that they are fab.