Hitting Horses.....

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is a cattle prod with the electric shock, rather then sharp fork - this one had new batteries and could raise the dead. Infact it pretty much did.

[/ QUOTE ]

My personal favourite is the electrified bucket - works wonders with a nappy horse
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm intruiged...how does that work then??

GTs

Visit site
We can not really tell you - we will have PETA on us. It is kind of mean, but works everytime without fail!! Though I did hear of one horse catching fire due to it, I think it is rare though!

[ QUOTE ]
the only time i smacked it was when it went numb to the leg and it is very numb

[/ QUOTE ]

but what i don't understand is:the pony was numb to the leg so you tried something else but when numb to stick aswell rather than try something else, you carry on for ten mins. I am sorry but TEN MINUTES - i am with the others, two smacks max - mind my horses respect me to the point where i rarely need more than my leg but IF i do, one smack does the job.

[ QUOTE ]
but the fact this pony belongs to children it has dominated and bullied she needs to be dominated and taught that people can be the boss

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't teach by example then?? I find that the best horses are those whose riders have built a relationship with them and therefore WANT to behave rather than do it under duress - there is only so much effort you can ever MAKE a horse put in but endless effort you can get get a horse to WANT to put in.

It would worry me anyway a child's pony being repeatedly hit

GTs

Visit site
I do not think the notion of being behaved under duress quite explains what is going on - it becomes herd politics, horses respect authority, it is how they are made.

marmite

Visit site
you want to see the kids with it my god would curl your hair ill ride the pony how its feels to me and how i see fit the kids instructor was present whilst i was riding it.

If it needs more than 2 smacks it will get it.

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If it needs more than 2 smacks it will get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it is not limited to the horse - her husband, kids, etc get the same treatment, I would be careful she will probably hand it out to you too if you carry on misbehaving.

[ QUOTE ]
I do not think the notion of being behaved under duress quite explains what is going on - it becomes herd politics, horses respect authority, it is how they are made.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree with this - my horse respects me and i would be worried if she didn't (afterall she weighs half a ton) and i'm sure that some of what she does when she is affraid and doesn't want to (even to please me) (eg passing something scary on a hack) is purely because she respects me. But, there are ways and means of gaining respect - i don't believe ten minutes of hitting it is a good way.

I am not some IH "do not smack horses/put bits in their mouth etc rtc". I ride my horse in a double bridle with spurs on (its compulsary for comps and if she doesn't have them at home she gets to jumpy at shows if they touch her) and i carry a dressage whip. If i had a naughty horse, i would smack it but after two smacks it probably doesn't know what you are smacking it for and thus you are wasting yours and the horses time and effort - find an EFFECTIVE way of dealing with the problem you face....don't stand for ten mins flogging a dead horse, so to speak.

Marmite, i think we will have to agree to disagree

marmite

Visit site
well she watched me ride it today and asked me to take it on for 3 weeks so shows how much you know about the owners really.

[ QUOTE ]
I would be careful she will probably hand it out to you too if you carry on misbehaving.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL but unlike the horse in question, i give as good as i get lmao

ETS: i give better than i get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
well she watched me ride it today and asked me to take it on for 3 weeks so shows how much you know about the owners really.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it just shows that i would have this same debate with the owners of the horse

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would be careful she will probably hand it out to you too if you carry on misbehaving.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL but unlike the horse in question, i give as good as i get lmao

ETS: i give better than i get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You saucy minx - I think she better get her hobbles, and twitch out then.

[ QUOTE ]
You saucy minx

[/ QUOTE ]

i knew someone would say something like that - i was waiting for it lmao

GTs

Visit site
OK girls we will settle this in a civilised manner - both of you go and get into your bikinis.

wrestling.jpg

WAHOO!! WE WANT SPANKING AND BOOBIES!!!