hmm what would you do

simone666

Visit site
have a little issue, my horse is at a yard and we take it in turns to let the horses out and bring them in, theres this person who has more thatn one horse at the yard and she does the morning and the others do the evening, to cut a long story short she keeps leaving my horse in its stable when its raining, which really anoys me cause she doesnt let me know until i am at work which is 30 miles away from the stables or ask if thats ok to do this, but i bring her horses in every evening and never would leave them out or in, my problem is that i let them out in the morning at weekends, i am half temped to leave hers in this weekend and t4ext her and say sorry didnt let them out cause it was raining, what would you do???????????????

moodymare1987

Visit site
Why dont you just tell her you want him out in all weather?? rather than leaving hers in as it might make you looka bit childish xxx
crazy.gif

frannieuk

Visit site
Think I would be tempted to just have a friendly word and ask her to make sure your horse is put out, even if it is raining. Just say that if you want him in you'll let her know, otherwise just to chuck him out. It may be that she thinks she's doing the right thing. I wouldn't leave hers in this weekend and text her, sounds like it could lead to bad feeling - why not try to resolve it amicably first?
smile.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
Doesn't sound as though this person is leaving your horse in maliciously? I would just politely let her know you like your horse to be out whatever the weather?

There seems to be quite a range of opinions on my yard re turning horses out I bad weather; I got a few dirty looks turning my horse out (he's happier out no matter how bad it is out there) but ho hum, we all try and do whats right for our neddies!

Alternatively, do it yourself?

jayvee

Visit site
Well I woudn't do the same to her horses as that won't get you any where. And the horses are getting the brunt of your lttle prob and thats not fair.
You must talk to her and say that what ever the weather please turn my horse out and that he also comes in at night. The routine is black and white, out in day in at night.
She may be thinking it's kinder to leave your horse in? You just need to stress in the nicest way what you require and that it's not complicated.

_Katy_

www.zazzle.co.uk
yeah, I'd think she probably thinks she's doing the right thing - just politly say you'd prefer yours out even if its raining. Not worth starting a fight about!

simone666

Visit site
thing is hav had a word with her and it just seems to me that,
when ever she wants to leav mine in she does, told her that the horse is not a fair weather horse and needs to be turned out every day, which she agreed to do but this is about the 10th time she has done this.

merlinsquest

Visit site
Maybe having a proper rota would help..... then she will KNOW she has to do it, and if she still fails to do her part then strike her off of the favours list!!!!

I hate it when people think its fine to leave just the one in or out just coz they're lazy... its always the horses that lose out!

Binky44

Visit site
I would say that she should have let you know beforehand. She knows you leave for work early. And she is much closer to the yard than you. A quick phone call wouldn't have gone amiss, especially as it's a completely DIY yard and there is no one else.