hmmm t'would TFT doesn't prevent you from riding like a numpty..

wodger_woo

Visit site
Had a TFT session with Jo this morning. It was EXTREMELY emotional for me as I realised a few things from my past had been affecting me that I hadn't thought about (or maybe hadn't wanted to think about
smirk.gif
)
Anyway went off for a jumping session straight after. We hired a local indoor school with tons of jumps and fillers. Built a decent course with fillers etc. Chance was jumping fantastically and I felt so confident on him
smile.gif
even if I didn't get the stride completely right I stayed sat up and didn't chuck the rein at him so he helped me out (instead of slamming on the anchors)
I then got a bit cocky and had them put up to about 3' 6". All was fine until at one spread I couldn't see a stride so paniced chance responded to my panic by stopping at the last minute........but I carried on
blush.gif
. It was weird though because it really didn't seem to bother me, in fact as I hit the deck (taking the fence with me) I was laughing
laugh.gif

I got back on and carried on and everything still seemed fine but then I rode a corner crap, paniced and chance stopped again and yet again I fell off
blush.gif

This time my poor lad was thoroughly upset (I haven't fallen off prior to today for about 4 years). We put the fences right back down for him and let him just have a little pop to get his confidence back up and called it a day.
I was really angry with myself for not just calling it a day when he was going well, but I know the height of the fences weren't the issue it was me panicing about not seeing a stride and freezing on him.
I must say though that the TFT has obviously helped because under normal circumstances I would be distraught and reliving what went wrong and dwelling on it (ok I'm reliving a bit for you lot but hey it is quite funny that I dit the deck twice I think you'll agree
laugh.gif
), today I'm sort of "oh well we had a bad day next time will be better"
Sooooo I'm going to call Jo and maybe have another session to address this panic about not seeing a stride (something we didn't cover today)
and hopefully I've done this years quota of falls in one session
laugh.gif

Niamhy

photobucket.com
Emm good for you!!! (I think, and ouch for the falls!!) TFT is amazing isnt it? I cant quite describe how it works, yet things that you would be nearly having a canary over seem like normal every day things to you!! Its mental!!! Im having another session with Jo soon, my cantering a round of fences still isnt solved, and I think I need another go at sorting out my fear of jumping bigger fences!!

Well done you though!!

4whitesocks

Visit site
yeah but the brilliant thing is when you fall it doesn't become the mahousive issue it did before...I have landed laughing a few times since my sessions!!!